cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between SAP HCM and HR

Former Member

Hi,

Is there any difference between SAP HR and SAP HCM?

If yes then what?

Regards,

Madhavi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor

There is another aspect to this HR and HCM debate.

Previously, employees were just considered as resources. Later on, companies started recognizing employees as a capital just like other resources of the company.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (11)

Answers (11)

Former Member

Hi,

SAP-HR is with the basic modules of PA,OM,Time Payroll.

SAP-HCM i.e Human Capital Management comes with New Modules like E-recruitment,E-learning, Talent acqusition, Performance workflow.

HCM is basically the New version of SAP-HR.

Regards,

Prabha

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I think that nowadays they are interchangeable. And you can also through in SAP HXM while you're at it. Here's some more information: https://www.sap.com/products/human-resources-hcm/what-is-sap-hr.html

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no difference: SAP HR and SAP HCM are the same. And HXM is the answer to what these are becoming.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know there is no difference. Maybe relate to Old & Newer version terminology. SAP HR module called as SAP HCM(Human capital management)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Luke

Regards ,

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP HR is a completely SAP module where as SAP HCM is a Business Suite. SAP HR can be developed and customized by ABAP Codes where HCM can be developed by web based tool. HCM results is diplayed in web portal.

Thanks

Ashutosh

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think if you check you won't find 2 products called SAP HR and SAP HCM. It is just called SAP HCM. SAP HR is a colloquialism for SAP HCM. See the SAP products page:

[http://www.sap.com/solutions/business-suite/erp/featuresfunctions/index.epx]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luke ,

Hope you will be doing great!!1

First of all thanks for sharing your valuable knowledge which will surely help students or professionals like me who are just new to SAP. In addition just would like to seek your assistance and information that i am working with an Construction Group as Manager-Talent Acquisition. For just my knowledge i am planning to opt the video session of 5 hrs from Zenith (Collaboration with Naukri.com) for SAP-HCM. So do you feel it will help me in my career path. They will provide certification after completion of this session. Or please suggest me any other basic course who can teach me from scratch & start with basics.

Your speedy reply will be highly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks;

But I know that ECC 6.0 is new version of SAP;

but as SAP BW -3.5 Is now 7.0 so called as BI;

The same way HR is call as HCM? and version of HCM?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, HR and HCM are just terminology. They mean the same thing.

Human Resources is the widely used term, but to make it sound more technical and modern the term Human Capital Management is used instead. It is generally used now where HR is much more than just administering employee details and settling grievances.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May I know what is the new version?

As well as what is workflow?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The latest version of SAP's system is ECC6. The latest Enhancement Pack is EhP5.

ECC = ERP Central Component

ERP = Enterprise Resource Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

May iI know what is the new version?

As well as what is workflow?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Madhavi,

Sasiram is correct. HCM is the more "technical" phrase for HR.

Best regards,

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhavi,

There is no difference.

Coventionally people called it as HR module and In modern times we are using the Human capital management(HCM).

Sairam