cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64-bit Version (SP7 and SP9)

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for those of you, who want to try out SP7, I provided a SP7 bundle for win64 (e.g. Windows 7).

[SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64-bit Version (SP7)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/d051394c-be7a-2e10-0aa5-978632b2525e]

[7.02 Win64 (SP9) |https://admin.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90e28332-ac79-2e10-b5a0-d628ec94edbf]

BR, Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Stiefbold on Dec 12, 2011 5:23 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

This Netweaver Trial version does not include any Functional Module.

But I want to include all the the functional module(PP,MM,FI,CO,PM,PS,SD) in this trial version.

So, what I have to getting all the functional module in  this trial version.

Thanks,

Arpan

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

although you addressed your post to Oliver only, may be you would read others answers as well?

Said this and if you agree: to me it seems, that you don't recognize the difference between Netweaver and Business Suite. Netweaver is the technical platform ONLY and does NOT include ANY business functions.

If you are looking for an environment including functional modules (you would not only need the modules but also the tables and so on) then you probably would be closer to your target with an IDES test system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heiner,

Thanks for your quick response & I know there is a difference between this two thing.

But, is there any way to install or apply any packages or add on, So it makes all the functional module available in this Netweaver Trial version.

Thanks,

Arpan

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arpan,

NetWeaver Trial Systems basically are able to export and import packages via SAP Transport Management System (such as transactions se09 and stms).

When importing larger packages there might arise a bottleneck in database capacity. It might be necessary to increase table spaces, but database tools -in my experience- do not work out of the box with all maxDB installations from Netweaver Preview versions.

Regards, Heiner

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi, this is only theoretically possible.

maybe you find a donwload or an online offering of the Businness Suite / IDES. I dont know the current offerings here.

Answers (18)

Answers (18)

miguelcastrosan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

the link you provided is no longer available?

[SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64-bit Version (SP7)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/d051394c-be7a-2e10-0aa5-978632...

I cannot download the file. Do you know where can I find it somewhere in SCN?

Thanks,]

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, we moved to SAP Store. Search for "ABAP".

It seems, not all links are updated.

BR,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys, does this version include SAP BW too? I wish download software so that I can practice BW Modeling and BEx reporting. Your reply would be really helpful for me.

Thank you.

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP always contains SAP_BW , the abap part of BW.

there should be also soon a mor up-to date version: https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-67351 

Please search.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver, thanks for the reply. My question is, does it contain modeling and reporting part of BW? I want to practice on creating InfoObjects, InfoCubes, etc and BEx Query Designer, Analyzer. I'm wondering if installing the "SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64-bit Version" would allow me to do that.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please share the link for SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.XX Win 64-bit Version (Win 7 HomeBasic) if it is available?

Thanks and regards

Jagdeshwar

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for your invaluable knowledge. I have a question about an error that occured while installing SCN - SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.03 64-bit Trial. I am using Windows Server 2008 R2(I have AMD processor) and created a user that has admin role in Window Server 2008 R2. I do not have Windows Admin experience. Can you please advise me on how to resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Error Message:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including
Enhancement Package 3 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central
System > Central System( Last error reported by the step: Error during
execution of command identifier 'CHECK_SYSTEM_PATH_FOR_SDB_INFO' :
Error during command: C:\sapdb\programs\bin\sdbregview.exe -l
-delimiter -DELIM- ERR: No global installation found)

Cheers,

Daniel Shabestari

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hmm,

sapdb database is not installed - whyever.

typical root cause is, that you have an old installation on the system, or the deinstall of an old system/ database didnt work correctly. You need a fresh or cleaned system, without old SAPDB registry entries then the installation works automatically. I know that this restriction of sapdb installer is not beginner friendly.

See also sapinstdev.log for detailed error report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for the prompt response. It worked.

Thanks again,

Daniel Shabestari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to install a trial version on Windows 7 Enterprise Version with Service Pack 1.

I have tried installing "SAP Netweaver 7.03 trial version" but failed complaining "The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running."

It is a fresh Windows installation on which I tried. There cannot be MaxDB instance running there (I don't know if windows also uses MaxDB!!!!).

Is there any solution to fix this issue? OR is there any different trial version of SAP available which is compatible with "Windows 7 Enterprise Version with Service Pack 1".

Thanks, Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have successfully installed SAP 7.03 trial version on windows 7.

Background:

Initially, I was stopped with a common error reported in the forums "The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running."

I have tried to fix this by updating the registry entry for "SystemDirectory" in (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\SystemDirectory) as suggested above. But that did not help. I have tried with 7.02 but again I was chased with the same error.

Then I have modified all the registry entries with the name "SystemDirectory" and it solved my problem. I don't have any other major software, hence I could do this.

This worked for both SAP 7.02 and SAP 7.03 on Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 ....64 bit OS.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution:

Replaced all registry entries with the name "SystemDirectory";

Procedure is same as explained by experts in the forum:

open regedit.exe ... and:

find for "SystemDirectory" and perform below for every entry.

* old * SystemDirectory

type = REG_SZ

value = C: \ Windows \ SysWOW64

* New * SystemDirectory

type = REG_EXPAND_SZ

value =%SystemRoot%\system32

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luckily, I did not see any other errors. It went smooth.

Good Luck for others.

Message was edited by: Ganapathi Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all. while installing SAP ABAP Trial 64-bit on to my machine I am facing a problem, "after completing 10 phases ,the system is throwing an error at the 11the phase which is "CREATING DATABASE INSTANCE" as follows ,Can any one solve this issue for me!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one troubleshoot this one?? why this msg has came??

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any chance of getting an eval version of SAP Application Server Java for Windows?  The only thing I can find on the site right now requires a VMWare install on Linux.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have installed SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.02 SP6 64-bit Developer Editionsucessfully..

My component version is SAP EHP2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0

In my component version I do not have SAP_APPl

What i have is:

SAP_ABA  Release-702

SAP_BASIS  702

PI_BASIS  702

SAP_BW  702

How do i add that...

I am not able to acces standard tables like MARA

when I enter table name in se11 it says "MARA does not exist check names"

Let me know what should i do..

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oliver,

hello All,

just downloaded SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 SP11 Win 64 bit Version.

Unfortunately there is GUI-Folder for installation contained.

Can you guys help me out...

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanx in advance

Rafael

former_member190849
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi shweta,

this trial is covering NetWeaver. Tables like MARA are not included because they belong to the applications (like Business Suite). The only Tables you may find in NetWeaver are those from the flight model (SCARR, SPFLI, ....)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 7.03 includes the GUI so you could give that one a try. Just follow the steps in this free step by step guide... https://academy.saptraininghq.com/course/installsaptrial/ .

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

when I'm trying to install minisap on my notebook, I get the following error message:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Error 2114 (Der Serverdienst wurde nicht gestartet. ) in execution of a 'NetServerGetInfo' function, line (201), with parameter (., 101).). You can now:

• Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
  • Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.
  • Stop the option and continue with it later.

Could someone help me?

Thanks! Iraklis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Iraklis!

Could you please explain how you downloaded SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64-bit Version from this web site? Is it actually possible? I tried a few times and each time I get the following error:

"Unfortunately we have trouble completing your download request. Please contact sdn@sap.com for further support. "

Otherwise could you please point me where I can also download this set-up for Win 64-bit?

Thank you in advance!

Peter Ivanov.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I downloaded the Software form this Site:

http://scn.sap.com/welcome

After login you can select the software and you have to agreed the licence. The whole size is 3,7GB.

If you have problems with the download, I can send you the software on a CD.

best regards

Iraklis

juergen_lind
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the filesize still actual for sp09 ? i didn't get the size after the download,

regards

Juergen

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

size for 9 is: SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64 bit Version, 4.008 GB (4.203.379.780 bytes)

(is not = size on disk!)

juergen_lind
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

i just downloaded the file. Ths size after the download is only (4.143.006.535 Bytes)

;

Is this the real one ?

regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I have just download Mini SAP but the files in both the folder are same so what is need of second folder?

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

which version?

some of them need have splitted archives (1 and 2). You need both to unzip, but both have the same content

Former Member
0 Kudos

ver 7.02 SP6.

In zip mode it seems less folders and files but when come to unzip mode it has same files and folder or same size on disk.

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Filze size or size on disk?

NWABAPTRIAL70209_64.rar  has md5 sum:

414f6340ecb9309792f7299a25c75843

Former Member
0 Kudos

both folder size is 3.86 GB and 551 files and 89 folder.

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

32 bit?

splitted:

NWASABAPTRIAL70206.part1.rar

NWASABAPTRIAL70206.part2.rar

you cannot extract only one. not possible. check rar docu.

64 bit?

they are different.. Extract independent

juergen_lind
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

it's the file size: File Size on disc is 4.143.009.792 Bytes

regards Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have folders names exactly same which you mentioned above but I dont know whether they are 64 bit or 32 bit.

juergen_lind
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

i'm talking about the 64 Bit Version before unzipping the files.

regards

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen

If you downloaded a file from above link then it would same file just install it.

I have downloaded it from some other source thats why I am facing problem regarding two folders of same type and size.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error occurs after a long wait at the download page while I am trying to download the trial. What could be the problem?

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

works for me, even if i am not logged in.

use an alternative browser/ Configurations?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oliver

I find it very confusing that there are several versions of that trial system available, for instance:

1) 7.02 SP6 64-bit Developer Edition (available [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/3042391e-f06c-2e10-e2a8-8d2e2a4e711e])

2) 7.02 SP7 64-bit (available [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/webcontent/uuid/d051394c-be7a-2e10-0aa5-978632b2525e])

3) 7.02 SP9 64-bit (available [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/c0dd6cf3-6fe0-2e10-c884-b632e193cfbe])

I am at the moment on first version (see list above).

Due to errors in standard program (see my post [here|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10847546?]) I need to update my Support Package to at least 8.

Since SAP is releasing these trials with different SPs, does it mean we cannot update SPs ourselves?

I would hate to think I will need to reinstall whole system (I already did some experimental developments like BRPplus apps etc) to get newer Support Package.

Regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have decided to install latest trial (with SP 9) on Virtual Machine without affecting my main SAP system (also trial but with SP 6).

Is there any chance that in the future we will be able to install newer SP on trial system without reinstalling whole thing?

juergenbaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

are the transactions BSP_WD_CMPWB and GENIL_MODEL_EDITOR and GENIL_BOL_BROWSER already included into this SP?

best regards

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the installation files. I tried to install it on my notebook but the installation fails during DB installation. I get the following error message:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_ _ .log.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/.

I couldn't find the log files mentioned in the message.

I also searched SDN but I just found unsolved questions regarding the same error. I checked the running task on my machine, there are no sapdb or maxdb tasks running.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to execute the SDBSETUP.exe and got also an error. The error just occurred after checking a TCP port. Do I have to install a loopback adapter as for previous versions?

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin. have you solved this problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem.

Try modifying registry entry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\SystemDirectory like mentioned in this [thread|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10262077#10262077].

-jose

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

A quick note about a trap I fell into that took me a couple of days thinking about (on and off) to solve. I installed the SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64-bit Version on a brand new Windows 2008 system. The installation went nice and quick, but I was not able to connect via SAP gui from my own machine. As part of my trouble shooting, I installed SAP gui on the ABAP server, and I found I ws able to connect via 127.0.0.1 / localhost, but not via the real IP or DNS name.

The TL;DR version is that I needed to create a Firewall rule to alllow inbound traffic on the 3200 (and for later use, the HTTP ports). If you need help with this, follow these instructions:

-

Logon on to your ABAP server as the Windows Administrator

Find the [Windows Firewall with Advanced Security tool|https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/16521/09_firewall_01.jpg] under Administrative Tools

To use the Rule Creation Wizard, select Windows Firewall with Advanced Security --> Inbound Rules

Right click Inbound Rules and select New Rule

Enter / Select the following:

Rule Type ==> Custom

Program ==> All Programs

Protocol and Paths ==> as per this [Protocol and Paths|https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/weblogs/images/16521/09_firewall_05.jpg] image

Scope ==> Any IP Address, Any IP Address

Action ==> Allow the Connection

Profile ==> Domain, Private, Public

Name ==> Use an easily identifiable and findable name; I used $$SAP

-

It appears that, by default, the rule is enabled, and access is available, as soon as you save the rule.

Hope this saves someone a few hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

perhaps the following link

[http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8339013#8339013]

can give you some idea to solve your GUI problem.

Regards

Karl-Christian Rauch

martin_E
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Both the problem and the solution are detailed in my previous post to this thread

hth

Former Member
0 Kudos

unable to dl sw. Is it now available anymore/

jan_krohn
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The images can't be accessed any longer. Please update the image urls to the new locations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW how much cost it to activate a trial version(trial period done), which i will use for train purpose at home.

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

I installed the SAP NetWeaver ABAP Trial 7.02 Win 64-bit Version (SP7) on my laptop and the installation went smoothly with no problems. I checked the SLICENSE transaction and there was a Temporary license displayed that wasvalid until 14.10.2011. I noticed that the installation number was SAP-INTERN and the Inst.No. was INITIAL. I've noticed that on previous versions of the ABAP Trial Version the installation number was DEMOSYSTEM.

I set up the BCUSER and then tried to create a test program ZZTEST. I was asked for a developer key and I used the one provided in the documentation (29671482393151224771). The message displayed was "Incorrect entry 29671482393151224771". So I tried again with the other developer key ( 07222097363139263004) that was mentioned in the documentation. Unfortunately I got the same message.

I then debugged the program and traced the probelm to function module DEVELOPER_KEY_CHECK. Whenever either of these developer keys are used a return code of 2 results and an exception of WRONG_KEY is raised. Would you please check and advise the correct developer key that needs to be used.

Regards

Bruce

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I successfully installed latested trial verison 7.02 64-bit. I logged on as BCUSER but I cannot create objects beginning with Z or Y

because I need an access key. No matter if I try first or second key you give in your documentation it fails with message: "Incorrect entry".

I did not know the cause and I thought may be I have to install a new license key. But the next bad experience came

running SLICENSE. Installation number and system number of license key file and SAP system do not match. Even if

I adjust both values in the license key file to the SAP system there is an error message. I checked all the the threads

according this issue but nothing could solve my problem.

What the hell is the reason for all the troubles.

Thanks and kind regards

Otto

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you wrote:

"Installation number and system number of license key "

you see, Installation number and system number come with the license key. If you install a new one you have to delete the old first!

Be aware you have two views in SLICENSE. "old licenses" and "new licenses".

Please check always both. has to be green both.

BR, Oliver

0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I did delete all licenses then I could install a new license (which I got some days before). After that I could assign the developer key (from the documentation stuff) to user BCUSER. The 64-bit trial version works fine. The performance is much more better than the 32-bit trial version in a virtual XP which I had installed before on 64-bit professional windows.

By the way: My windows professional is a German version so it is not a MUST for English versions only.

Thanks for your professional support.

Otto

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

interesting with the german Win version.

cengiz_burnaz
0 Kudos

Hi Otto,

When you wrote you have deleted all available license from the the scratch installation did you also delete the license for NetWeaver_ADA and Maintenance_ADA in the new license view. I guess yes if not you're facing with a error message, right?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ALL previouse lisences after fresh installation have to be deleted. After their deletion field System Number changes to "INITIAL" and key file, obtained from SCN ( http://www.sap.com/minisap ), can be applied in transaction SLICENSE.

Then for ABAP-programs development user BCUSER and key, provided by Oliver in the installation package, work well.

P.S. The point here is that for people, who installs SAP first time (mainly for local training needs), this licenses management is not clear, and, probably, it should be expalined in the installation docs.

Regards

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anyone who has installed 7.02 on windows home premium 64 bit ???

thanks

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas!

Yes...

Why?

Peter Meyer

former_member186750
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I downloaded and installed this version but there appears to be a problem. The installation ID is set to SAP-INTERN and when I try to create any developments in the Z* namespace it tell me that user BCUSER does not have a developer key.

I checked table DEVACCESS and this user does have a key. I suspect the developers key was generated using the normal trial installation id.

Is this an oversight on SAPs part?

Regards,

Neil.

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

no. System ID is SAP-intern after fresh installation.

Installation ID is created out of license key, and after installation there is a system created temporary license key.

Simply delete this key and fetch a new one [minisap key|https://service.sap.com/sap/bc/bsp/spn/minisap/minisap.htm].

Alternatively you may use the second BCUSER key which I described in the documentation.

Anyway you can only create new Z* and Y* objects, not modify existing ones. Therefore you need special object keys, which are not available on SDN.

Best Regards, Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I tried installing SAP Netweaver AS ABAP 7.03 64 bit trial version on my windows 8 machine. While installing the database client, the sapinst is showing the error "target node does not exist".

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 3 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step: The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install__.log.). You can now:

• Choose Retry to repeat the current step.
  • Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.
  • Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/.    

In the log files i found:

RACE      2013-03-20 18:55:45.702 [syxxcfile.cpp:123]

CSyFileImpl::decideIfMoveCopyNode(const CopyMoveDestinationInfo & {m_nodeTypeForCombiCheck: ..., m_path: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/log_20_Mar_2013_18_55_43/stepLogMessages.xml, m_realNodeType: 8}, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3, PSyNodeInt &) const 

lib=syslib module=syslib

Target node does not exist and (mode & ISyNode::MISSING) ==> I will copy/move.

TRACE      2013-03-20 18:55:45.704 [syxxcnode.cpp:454]

CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/log_20_Mar_2013_18_55_43/stepLogMessages.xml, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Moved C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/stepLogMessages.xml to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/log_20_Mar_2013_18_55_43/stepLogMessages.xml

TRACE      2013-03-20 18:55:45.719 [syxxcfile.cpp:123]

CSyFileImpl::decideIfMoveCopyNode(const CopyMoveDestinationInfo & {m_nodeTypeForCombiCheck: ..., m_path: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/log_20_Mar_2013_18_55_43/STRDBSJ2EE.CMD, m_realNodeType: 8}, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3, PSyNodeInt &) const 

lib=syslib module=syslib

TRACE      2013-03-20 18:55:45.722 [syxxcnode.cpp:454]

CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/log_20_Mar_2013_18_55_43/STRDBSJ2EE.CMD, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Moved C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/STRDBSJ2EE.CMD to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/log_20_Mar_2013_18_55_43/STRDBSJ2EE.CMD

Please help.

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry, I never checked on Windows 8.

could be, that it doesnt work at all.

But usually compatibility between Windows Releases is quite good.

Please check sapinstdev.log

thats the only place where you get the technical error log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver. I will check the sapinstdev.log and see if i can figure out a solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

Here is my sapinst_dev.log:

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:41.786 [kdxxctaco.cpp:225]

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile lib=iakdblib

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile start ...

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.50 [kdxxctaco.cpp:257]

after creating out stream

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.179 [kdxxctaco.cpp:291]

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile stop ...

INFO       2013-03-21 20:56:42.183 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:804]

Execute step installClientSoftware of component |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|dbclient|0|NW_ADA_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware|ind|ind|ind|ind|auto.id:1|0

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.226

Call block:Sdb_ClientSoftware_ind_ind_ind_ind

function:Sdb_ClientSoftware_ind_ind_ind_ind_SubComponentContainer_installClientSoftware_Preprocess

is validator: false

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.298 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:861]

Execution of preprocess block of |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|dbclient|0|NW_ADA_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware|ind|ind|ind|ind|auto.id:1|0|installClientSoftware returns TRUE.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.323

Call block:Sdb_ClientSoftware_ind_ind_ind_ind

function:Sdb_ClientSoftware_ind_ind_ind_ind_SubComponentContainer_installClientSoftware

is validator: false

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.396 [synxcchapp.cpp:269]

CSyChildApplicationImpl::doStart() lib=syslib module=syslib

Going to call CreateProcess/CreateProcessAsUser for 'C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.EXE' now.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.397 [synxcchapp.cpp:569]

Trying to start C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.EXE CSySysLibCallsWrapper::syscallwrapper()->__CreateProcess__(NULL, <command line for executable C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.EXE, NULL, NULL, TRUE, 0x420, NULL, NULL, &StartupInfo, &ProcessInfo)

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:42.401 [synxcchapp.cpp:647]

A child process has been started. Pid = 4904. Executable name: C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.EXE

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.859 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

CNTRegistryKey::CNTRegistryKey(., HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech, ...)

Error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (78), with parameter (SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech).

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.860 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

CNTRegistryKey::CNTRegistryKey(., HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech, ...)

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.877 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

) in execution of a 'RegOpenKeyEx' function, line (78), with parameter (SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech).

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.877 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

The subkey 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech' does not exist on the 'localhost' host.

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.892 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.892 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.906 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.906 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.921 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.921 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.923 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.923 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.938 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.938 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.951 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.951 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.953 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.956 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.974 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.974 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.987 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:43.987 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:44.9 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:44.9 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

INFO       2013-03-21 20:56:44.66 [synxcpath.cpp:814]

CSyPath::createFile() lib=syslib module=syslib

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW703\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\sdbinst.log.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:44.76 [synxcchapp.cpp:269]

Going to call CreateProcess/CreateProcessAsUser for 'C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.exe' now.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:44.77 [synxcchapp.cpp:569]

Trying to start C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.exe CSySysLibCallsWrapper::syscallwrapper()->__CreateProcess__(NULL, <command line for executable C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.exe, NULL, NULL, TRUE, 0x420, NULL, NULL, &StartupInfo, &ProcessInfo)

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:44.81 [synxcchapp.cpp:647]

A child process has been started. Pid = 3708. Executable name: C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.exe

INFO       2013-03-21 20:56:44.088

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Output of C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.exe -global_prog C:\sapdb\programs -global_data C:\sapdb\data -path C:\sapdb\clients\NSP -private_datapath C:\sapdb\clients\NSP\data -profile "Runtime For SAP AS" -i CL_NSP -b is written to the logfile C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/sdbinst.log.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:55.117 [synxcpipe.cpp:225]

CSyStdOutErrPipe::onUnderflow(void * buf, int maxBytes, int timeout)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Syslib info about system call. OS message 109 (The pipe has been ended.

) after execution of system call 'ReadFile' with parameter ((CSySysLibCallsWrapper::syscallwrapper()->__read__ end of child process output pipe)), line (397) in file (synxcpipe.cpp).

WARNING    2013-03-21 20:56:55.126

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Execution of the command "C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64\SDBINST.exe -global_prog C:\sapdb\programs -global_data C:\sapdb\data -path C:\sapdb\clients\NSP -private_datapath C:\sapdb\clients\NSP\data -profile "Runtime For SAP AS" -i CL_NSP -b" finished with return code 1. Output:

SAP MaxDB Installation Manager 7.9.07.10

Checking installation...

Preparing package "Installer" ...

Preparing package "SAP Utilities Compatibility" ...

Preparing package "Global Listener" ...

Preparing package "Installation Compatibility" ...

Preparing package "Base" ...

Preparing package "SQLDBC" ...

Preparing package "SQLDBC 77" ...

Preparing package "Fastload API" ...

Preparing package "SQLDBC 76" ...

Preparing package "SAP Utilities" ...

Preparing package "Redist Python" ...

Preparing package "Loader" ...

Preparing package "ODBC" ...

Preparing package "Messages" ...

Preparing package "JDBC" ...

ERR:  Installation failed

ERR:    error installing

INFO:      Installing signal handler

INFO:        Handler for signal INT

INFO:        Handler for signal PIPE

INFO:        Handler for signal ABRT

INFO:        Handler for signal FPE

INFO:        Handler for signal QUIT

INFO:      System Informations

INFO:        Operating System: Windows

INFO:        Architecture    : AMD64

INFO:        Version         : NT 6.2

INFO:        Subversion      :

INFO:        Host Name       : SWETA

INFO:      Installer Informations

INFO:        Installer is part of installation kit

INFO:        Version is 7.9.07 Build 010-123-243-190

INFO:        MakeId is 538459

INFO:        Running as console application

INFO:        Running in background mode

INFO:        Program call informations

INFO:          Caller program name is SDBINST

INFO:          Command line arguments: -global_prog C:\sapdb\programs -global_data C:\sapdb\data -path C:\sapdb\clients\NSP -private_datapath C:\sapdb\clients\NSP\data -profile Runtime For SAP AS -i CL_NSP -b

INFO:          Current directory: C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW703\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL

INFO:          Installer directory: C:\Users\Sweta\Downloads\NWABAPTRIAL70304_64\SAP_MaxDB_79_SP7_10_RDBMS\DATA_UNITS\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64

INFO:          Pid is 3708

INFO:          Environment dump:

INFO:            ALLUSERSPROFILE = C:\ProgramData

INFO:            APPDATA = C:\Users\Sweta\AppData\Roaming

INFO:            COMMONPROGRAMFILES = C:\Program Files\Common Files

INFO:            COMMONPROGRAMFILES(X86) = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

INFO:            COMMONPROGRAMW6432 = C:\Program Files\Common Files

INFO:            COMPUTERNAME = SWETA

INFO:            COMSPEC = C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

INFO:            FP_NO_HOST_CHECK = NO

INFO:            HOMEDRIVE = C:

INFO:            HOMEPATH = \Users\Sweta

INFO:            LOCALAPPDATA = C:\Users\Sweta\AppData\Local

INFO:            LOGONSERVER = \\SWETA

INFO:            NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS = 4

INFO:            OS = Windows_NT

INFO:            PATH = C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Condusiv Technologies\ExpressCache\;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_13\bin\java.exe;

INFO:            PATHEXT = .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

INFO:            PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE = AMD64

INFO:            PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER = Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9, GenuineIntel

INFO:            PROCESSOR_LEVEL = 6

INFO:            PROCESSOR_REVISION = 3a09

INFO:            PROGRAMDATA = C:\ProgramData

INFO:            PROGRAMFILES = C:\Program Files

INFO:            PROGRAMFILES(X86) = C:\Program Files (x86)

INFO:            PROGRAMW6432 = C:\Program Files

INFO:            PSMODULEPATH = C:\windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\

INFO:            PUBLIC = C:\Users\Public

INFO:            SAPINST_EXEDIR_CD = C:/Users/Sweta/Downloads/NWABAPTRIAL70304_64/SAP_NetWeaver_703_Installation_Master/DATA_UNITS/BS2011_IM_WINDOWS_X86_64

INFO:            SAPINST_JRE_HOME = C:/Users/Sweta/AppData/Local/Temp/sapinst_exe.3420.1363878783/jre

INFO:            SAP_DIR_PERF = C:\usr\sap\PRFCLOG

INFO:            SELFEXTRACTOR_EXECUTABLE_NAME = C:/Users/Sweta/Downloads/NWABAPTRIAL70304_64/SAP_NetWeaver_703_Installation_Master/DATA_UNITS/BS2011_IM_WINDOWS_X86_64/sapinst.exe

INFO:            SYSTEMDRIVE = C:

INFO:            SYSTEMROOT = C:\windows

INFO:            TEMP = C:\Users\Sweta\AppData\Local\Temp

INFO:            TMP = C:\Users\Sweta\AppData\Local\Temp

INFO:            USERDOMAIN = Sweta

INFO:            USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE = Sweta

INFO:            USERNAME = Sweta

INFO:            USERPROFILE = C:\Users\Sweta

INFO:            WINDIR = C:\windows

INFO:            __COMPAT_LAYER = Installer

INFO:     

SAP MaxDB Installation Manager 7.9.07.10

INFO:      checking configuration of global installation

INFO:        Parameter "GlobalData" is given via command line option, value = "C:\sapdb\data"

INFO:        Parameter "GlobalPrograms" is given via command line option, value = "C:\sapdb\programs"

INFO:      Checking configuration of installation

INFO:        Parameter "Name" is given via command line option, value = "CL_NSP"

INFO:        Parameter "Path" is given via command line option, value = "C:\sapdb\clients\NSP"

INFO:        Parameter "Comment" is not set

INFO:        Parameter "PrivateData" is given via command line option, value = "C:\sapdb\clients\NSP\data"

INFO:      Checking installation...

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:55.141 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:55.141 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:55.144 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:55.144 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:55.158 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:283]

TRACE[W]   2013-03-21 20:56:55.159 [ianxcreghelper.cpp:465]

ERROR      2013-03-21 20:56:55.171 [iaxxinscbk.cpp:268]

MDB-07020  The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:55.171 [iaxxejsbas.hpp:424]

handleException<ESAPinstException>()

Converting exception into JS Exception Exception.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:55.172

Function setMessageIdOfExceptionMessage: modlib.jslib.caughtException

ERROR      2013-03-21 20:56:55.175

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025  Caught ESAPinstException in module call: .

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:55.175 [iaxxejsbas.hpp:503]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown unknown exception. Rethrowing.

ERROR      2013-03-21 20:56:55.202 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:937]

FCO-00011  The step installClientSoftware with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|dbclient|0|NW_ADA_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware|ind|ind|ind|ind|auto.id:1|0|installClientSoftware was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.).

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:55.251 [kdxxctaco.cpp:225]

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile start ...

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:55.496 [kdxxctaco.cpp:257]

after creating out stream

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:55.626 [kdxxctaco.cpp:291]

CKdbTableContainerImpl::syncToContainerFile stop ...

INFO       2013-03-21 20:56:55.641 [synxcpath.cpp:814]

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW703\AS-ABAP\ADA\CENTRAL\__instana_tmp.xml.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:58.196

SAPInst calls the LogInquirer. The output of the LogInquirer can be found in file sapinst_loginquirer.log.

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:58.294 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:699]

CGuiEngineImp::showMessageBox

<html> <head> </head> <body> <p> An error occurred while processing option <i>SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 3 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step: The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.)</i>. You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>Log Files</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are written to <code>C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/</code>. </p> </body></html>

TRACE      2013-03-21 20:56:58.295 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1248]

CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest

Waiting for an answer from GUI

INFO       2013-03-21 21:20:18.954 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:1028]

An error occured and the user decided to stop.\n Current step "|NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|dbclient|0|NW_ADA_DBClient|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|Sdb_ClientSoftware|ind|ind|ind|ind|auto.id:1|0|installClientSoftware".

INFO       2013-03-21 21:20:32.612 [synxccuren.cpp:917]

CSyCurrentProcessEnvironmentImpl::setWorkingDirectory(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Working directory changed to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL.

TRACE      2013-03-21 21:20:32.668 [syxxcfile.cpp:123]

CSyFileImpl::decideIfMoveCopyNode(const CopyMoveDestinationInfo & {m_nodeTypeForCombiCheck: ..., m_path: C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/.lastInstallationLocation.7, m_realNodeType: 8}, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3, PSyNodeInt &) const 

lib=syslib module=syslib

TRACE      2013-03-21 21:20:32.669 [syxxcnode.cpp:454]

CSyNodeImpl::move(const CSyPath & C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/.lastInstallationLocation.7, ISyNode::CopyMoveMode_t 0x3)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Moved C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/.lastInstallationLocation to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/.lastInstallationLocation.7

INFO       2013-03-21 21:20:32.678 [synxcpath.cpp:814]

Creating file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\.lastInstallationLocation.

Please see if you can help me with this.

Much thanks:)

Sweta

Oliver_S
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please shorten the log. Thats the relevant entry:

MDB-07020  The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.

Means your MaxDB Installation went wrong.

this can easily happen, because MaxDB Installer is unfortenately not "end consumer ready".

This will also not change until we replace it by a newer product.

Probably you have an old MaxDB Installation on your Computer and you have still registry entries or users for Maxdb or instances like XServer still in the registry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

I uninstalled everything and cleaned the registry. Now I have got this error in the sapinst_dev.log:

TRACE      2013-04-18 11:43:55.664

SAPInst calls the LogInquirer. The output of the LogInquirer can be found in file sapinst_loginquirer.log.

TRACE      2013-04-18 11:43:55.709 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:699]

CGuiEngineImp::showMessageBox

<html> <head> </head> <body> <p> An error occurred while processing option <i>SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 3 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step: The database installer reported an error. DIAGNOSIS: Some database applications might still be running. SOLUTION: Check the log file sdbinst.log and C:\sapdb\data\wrk\MaxDBRuntimeForSAPAS_install_<date>_<time>.log.)</i>. You can now: </p> <ul> <li> Choose <i>Retry</i> to repeat the current step. </li> <li> Choose <i>Log Files</i> to get more information about the error. </li> <li> Stop the option and continue with it later. </li> </ul> <p> Log files are written to <code>C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW703/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/</code>. </p> </body></html>

TRACE      2013-04-18 11:43:55.709 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1248]

CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest

Waiting for an answer from GUI

Can you help me with this?

Regards,

Sweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sweta,

Have you found the solution? Actually I am facing the same problem.

Zakir