Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rename cancel and keep work item in inbox

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How could I rename "cancel and keep work item in inbox" button at SAP Inbox. Or else let me know how to hide this at user decission step,

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

You can of course change everything you want in workflow either by changing the SAP standard or using a badi or exit or whatever.

However, these issues can simply be solved with proper training.

Users are probably not accustomed using workitems and they can ask really stupid things which cost a lot of time to cater for and which doesn't bring any added value to the company.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rob,

I didnt get the solution for this. Could you pls. guide me to achieve this.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Why do you want to do this? Users aren't allowed to cancel out of user decisions? What if they need more information in order to make a decision?

As for renaming it, what would you rename it to? It does exactly what it says.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

former_member1193316
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rick,

My Cleint doesnt want the button with the name "cancel and keep work item in inbox" instead he want to display it as "Decide later"

He is not in a position to listen the same. Thats y i m asking wer we can rename the text of this.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like I said you can change whatever you want in SAP Standard if you really really really really have to.

But this road is strongly inadvisable.

Training users how to use their tools effectively is a much better, safer and future proof way of dealing with this requirement.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know where that text is stored, I would run a trace or try to get debug mode going.

Please let us know where it is when you find it!

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know too where the text is or how/where it can be maintained. Please also understand that if you change it, you might change it for all decision steps in the system, unless you can somehow prevent that.

If you really need to start to customize the decision step, if I were you I would probably build my own decision application. It should not be that hard with SAP_WAPI_DECISION_READ (which gives you the texts for the buttons from workflow template) and SAP_WAPI_DECISION_COMPLETE, which you can use to complete the item.

But first option is to tell them to forget this requirement!

Regards,

Karri

Answers (0)