cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Procuremnt Key from E to F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have one scenario in my current project where client does not want to use Key X he want to change the the key E to F or F to E as and when required.

Scenario.....

Procurment key F is maintained in some material A.

For this material A - Pur Req X000000001 exist now how to change the key to E for future requirements.

system does not allow to change the Key when Dep reqt exit for material A. Now if i am changing the Key in Table what will be the impact in my PR./PO.....

Also if the Key is E in material A and having one Prd order xxxx0002 now client want to procure it externally for future processing and he want to change the key F now what will the effect in my Prd Ord if i am changing the key from E to F.

Client Does not want to use Key --- X at any condition.

Kindly suggest is it better to change the Key using Table..................

Waiting for Earliest Reply.....

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

As Mario rightly pointed, you should convince cleint about standard functionality in sAP and use X as procurement type .

Otherwise use different material codes for external processing and inhouse production.

Unfortunatily you dont have anyother solution in this case.

Regards,

Santosh Sarda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can not change procrument type fequently as you have to delete all the realted documents lik open PR/PO and close production orders which is not advisable in any case & no client would like to do that.

Please tell the client that only solution given by SAP is Procrument type X sothat you can decide whether you want to produce inhouse or procure from outside.

Regards,

Sandesh.

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi, unfortunately not everything that a customer wants makes sense, like in your case.

To me, it does not make any sense to keep on changing procuremt type often, from E to F or vice versa. That's what X is all about.

Please tell us what is your customer's reasons for not using X!