cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How payroll driver process salary in SAP HCM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing SAP HCM e learning course in HCM. I am not able to develop an overview of Payroll processing

Suppose a person P works in organisation O. He works 25 days in June. 3 days are paid absence and 2 days unpaid absence.His salary is 10000 per month.

Kindly provide me an overview how payroll driver will process salary. i ll be more than rhankful for this.

Mukesh Suman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Suman Welcome to SDN

The above said scenario will be met in SAP through Processing Class 10 and this will be processed through PCR INP1

and we call this as Factoring that is

based on Calendar days = TKSOLL

Payroll Days = TASOLL

Working Hours = TSSOLL ................. and the Paid absence thorugh TKAP** and unpaid absence through TKAU**

Here ** indicates Valuation Rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your reply. That may be right but I am not able to develop an overview. First basic pay wage type is mentioned in IT 0008. How this interacts with time data. What is need of time wage type? why can not payroll be proceesed through wage type mentioned in 0008. How wage type mentioned in 0008 is reflected in time wage type?

All these questions may seem naive to u. But please answer them as I have become so confused about payroll.

Regards,

Mukesh Suman

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Time wage type will not be part of payroll , the wage type is processed through Payroll only

See the PCr INP1 (if it is for india) the caluculation will be done by the code

RTE=TSKOLL Calendar Days

RTE-TKAU** which is absence valuation rule for Unpaid absence which we configure in Table T554C

Kindly check XT00 is sub schema which have time related information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

thanks a lot for your replies.

There can be two types of time.

S= planned Time

M= Overtime

Do you mean to say there is no need for time wage type selection for planned hours. Time wage type selection is needed for overtime hours only.

Kindly reply.

Regards,

Mukesh Suman

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Time wage types will be part of Time Evaluation please check the below thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

In addition to Sikindar, You can check out and try to understand the schema to understand the flow of payroll.

Now apply these folowing steps to ur example, you will get the process -

1. Read the basic data which include employe status, organizational assignment, workschedule, payment, deduction, accoutning info etc.

2. Read teh time to check the availability and absences of employee to do the factoring of the payment in case employee is not present for whole period.

3. Do the factoring based on step 2 output and generate the technical wage type (wwhich will be used as basis for all payroll calculation. For example - /101 - contains the total gross amount )

4. Do the country specific calculation (Specific to country function), it may also include some customer specific payment processes as well.

5.Now you will have all the payments and deductions that is payment, statutory deduction, contribution, benefits (depend on the country specific applicability). Now system calculate the Net pay that is /550= /101 - all statutory contribution and deduction (/101 is the total gross amount here).

Next, system will calculate take home pay /560 = /550 + /110 (/110 include all the payment and deduction other than statutory).

6. Then system prepare the cluster table and write the data into cluster table.

Whatever we both are trying to explain is just to make a start. On the basis of this try to explore it and in case of query, you can revert back with some threads or you can also check for the existing documents/ threads in SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the post. I understand that rule X010 and X013 are used to calculate person related valuation basis. These PCR calculate hourly wage. But exaxctly i do not know what is use of this hourly wage?

I ll go through basic concepts and then will be in touch.

Mukesh Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi praveen,

Thanks for giving flow of payroll. Let me go through more concepts then I ll be in touch .

Mukesh

Answers (0)