cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7.3 Upgrade Error-This upgrade don't support upgrade of the sap.com/ERP/6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am upgrading our sandbox portal (7.0 EHP1 SPS6) to NW 7.3 SPS3. Usage types installed in the original system are AS Java, EPC and EP.

During the Configuration roadmap step, it gaves us the following error:

An error has occurred during the execution of the DETERMINE_APPLICATION phase.

This upgrade don't support upgrade of the sap.com/ERP/6.0 source products combination.

Why do I get this error? Can this be because of ERP related business packages that we have deployed in our portal? We are using some BPs in our portal like Warehouse Manager, Buyer, etc.

Has anyone received a similar error in their upgrades? Please suggest how to resolve this.

Thanks and regards,

Shitij

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right, error you are facing because of business packages. What is SP level for your business packages ?

Also, if you look at SAP note 1532805:, it clearly says if upgrade gives you this message then certain support packs need to be un-installed. Please check this note, your BP version does not match with Netweaver 7.3 and moreover SAP has not released BP for NW7.3 yet.

Thanks

Sunny

Edited by: Sunny Pahuja on Jul 4, 2011 12:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

These are the BPs that I have:

sap.com BP_ERP5BUY 1.41 SP7 (1000.1.41.7.0.20100916042535)

sap.com BP_ERP5COM 1.41 SP6 (1000.1.41.6.0.20100412095943)

sap.com BP_ERP5SAL 1.41 SP7 (1000.1.41.7.0.20100916042546)

sap.com BPERP_WOM 1.30 SP6 (1000.1.30.6.0.20100412161945)

sap.com BPISRSRS 1.40 SP7 (1000.1.40.7.0.20100916042526)

What's the way forward?

Thanks,

Shitij

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP note, I think you have to wait till these ADD-on's will release for Netweaver 7.3.

You can raise on OSS with SAP as well.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Ya, I've seen that note which talks about Addons which will release in CW28 of 2011. Raised an OSS message also. Just needed to know what others might have done in the same case.

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

Once the BPs for NW 730 are available, you would need to register the system on Solution Manager as Netweaver and ERP system. Create a MOPZ transaction using the NW based logical component. The MOPZ will then generate a NW 730 SP2 stack with the required ERP BPs as well. Use this XML in the upgrade process.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikishan,

I have a lot of experience in upgrades, and so I am wondering.. How will having a new XML file help me with this error? Because, my upgrade had still not reached the stage where I specify the xml file yet. So even when I use a new xml file after the BPs are made available, how will my upgrade tool know that this is no longer an error?

Thanks,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I got a reply from SAP that these BPs are not supported. I could see in the DETECT_APPLICATION log file that it was reading 3 of the BPs and since these are related to ERP, the tool gave error.

I have undeployed these BPs using SDM and after the undeploy, I have restarted system and also restarted upgrade from scratch again.

However, even now the upgrade tool is reading 2 of the BPs while the third one is not detected (which is good). But I don't understand, why is the tool still reading the BPs that I have already uninstalled?

Upgrade is still stuck in the same phase. Please help.

Regards,

Shitij

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I got a reply from SAP that these BPs are not supported.

> However, even now the upgrade tool is reading 2 of the BPs while the third one is not detected (which is good). But I don't understand, why is the tool still reading the BPs that I have already uninstalled?

Because undeploying will not completely "remove" them from the stack. Once installed they stay there. It's not like uninstalling software.

> Upgrade is still stuck in the same phase. Please help.

Since you are doing an upgrade that is currently, according to the answer from SAP, unsupported nobody but SAP can help you.

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

May be you already found a solution. We moved ahead from a similar situation with our upgrade by editing the ../upg/java/config/NotSupportedProductsCombination.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<VariableHandler name="NotSupportedProductsCombination">

<StringTable name="PRODUCTS">

<TableDefinition NumberKeyColumns="3" NumberColumns="3">

<ColumnName>SOURSE_PRODUCT_NAME</ColumnName>

<ColumnName>SOURSE_PRODUCT_VENDOR</ColumnName>

<ColumnName>SOURSE_PRODUCT_VERSION</ColumnName>

</TableDefinition>

<StringArray>

<StringValue>xxCRM</StringValue>

<StringValue>sap.com</StringValue>

<StringValue>7.0</StringValue>

</StringArray>

<StringArray>

<StringValue>xxSRM</StringValue>

</StringArray>

<StringArray>

<StringValue>xxSCM</StringValue>

</StringArray>

<StringArray>

<StringValue>xxERP</StringValue>

<StringValue>6.0</StringValue>

</StringArray>

</StringTable>

</VariableHandler>

We kind of spoofed the upgrade to think that its ok to proceed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, I did resolve the issue and completed the upgrade despite the fact that my OSS message is still with SAP..

Isn't that frustrating?

But yes, I was scanning the list of components in SDM and found 1-2 more that were related to ERP but I had missed them earlier because they were hiding in other sections of the list. I undeployed all ERP related components and then restarted upgrade from scratch. It worked.

I don't think spoofing the upgrade tool is such a good idea. If you face any problems in future, my bet is SAP will turn around and say "We do not support the upgrade method you employed."

Regards,

Shitij

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shitij,

I have now the same problem with our Portal -> do you got some more information from your oss message?

Thanks and best regards

Marcus

ivan_rangelov
Discoverer
0 Kudos

The file NotSupportedProductsCombination.xml is created in order to protect customers from using incorrect Upgrade Master that do not support certain customer system setups.

In this case the NetWeaver 7.30 Upgrade Master correctly reported the misuse as it was used on a system that has Business Suite product on it (this Upgrade Master is not designed to upgrade such systems).

If someone wants to upgrade a SAP System that has Business Suite products on it then the Upgrade Master DVD for Business Suite systems shall be used.

NetWeaver Upgrade Master: 51041445

BS 7 Hubs Upgrade Master: 51041560.

Any manual modification of files within the Upgrade Master without consultation with SAP Support will result in re-configuration of the Upgrade Master to work in a way that SAP had never designed it to operate hence SAP Support can no longer support the upgrade process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

True, the intention was not to misguide, but that was posted a few days before BS 7 upgrade master was released. Also as a note, it happened that the usage of BS 7 upgrade master also troubled upgrades on systems where portal business packages were deployed thru JSPM as New software components or SDM ( in our case , as its customized) . The usage types don't get registered in portal this way.

Just to make sure before using the BS 7 upgrade Master, /utl/UsageTypesInfo should report the usage types reflecting the BPs deployed.

Else the script in Note 1268493 - NW 7.01/BS 7: Inst.Add.Java Usage Types/Software Units, should be used to register the usage types. This is just an info. Am not able to discard my previous message unfortunately.

Edited by: Sanjeev Chandrasekaran on Sep 14, 2011 3:36 PM

jordan_vassilev
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

thanks for clarifying here. Allow me a small correction.Corresponding DVD numbers are the other way around.

NetWeaver Upgrade Master: 51041560

BS 7 Hubs Upgrade Master: 51041445

Best Regards,

Jordan

Edited by: Jordan Vassilev on Sep 14, 2011 5:22 PM

ivan_rangelov
Discoverer
0 Kudos

@Shitij

Prior the shipment of BS7 for 7.30 upgrade of systems with BS on them was not possible. One just had to wait for the release of the successor products because during upgrade loss of funtionality (for example BS funtionality) is not allowed.

@Jordan

Correct, the DVD's are indeed the other way arround, thanks for the info!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Wehn using BS 7 Hub Upgrade Master: 51041445, during Cinfiguration phase SDT looks for FIX_NWBS730.UPG, could you please provide details of where this was downloaded during your upgrade.

Becase the note:1537729 refers to the path http://service.sap.com/swdc -> Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> Additional Components -> Upgrade Tools -> CORRECTIONS FOR UPGRADE -> CORRECTIONS FOR UPGRADE 7.02 -> #OS independent which doesnt have this fix.

Kindly provide any relevant information.

Thanks in advance.