cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter on client filed (MANDT) in SE11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a specific BI datasource, based on a specific table view, in a ECC6 system with 2 clients (MANDT 001 and mandt 002).

I would like to use only data from MANDT number "001", to load it into SAP BI master data.

When I added a selection condition in SE11, I have an error message "No selection condition may be defined for the client field because the selection condition MANDT = SY-MANDT is implicitly defined for each selection of client-specific tables."

Could you please give me another solution to filter on the field "MANDT" for a specific datasource?

Thx.

Radj.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In your BW system two DS will be created ,one for each client on replication.

Don't load the DS from the client you do not want data, in which step exactly are you facing the issue?

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Arvind,

The problem is at master data value level.

Il the master data, It seems that I have value coming from the MANDT 002 instead for some records.

For information, I don't use 2 datasources, I use only datasource coming from mandt 001.

When I saw the specific view on ECC6 side, I saw also these values coming from mandt 002, even if I m logging on the mandt 001.

When I saw the transparent table from ECC6 (on which is based my specific view), I can't see these values coming from the other mandt 002.

Radj.

Edited by: Radjech Radjech on Jul 4, 2011 6:02 PM

Edited by: Radjech Radjech on Jul 4, 2011 6:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your view created on a single table or multiple tables?

If it is on multiple tables, then in the join condition you have to use MANDT as well...

--- Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

The view is based on multiple tables.

I use the T001 table to have a company currency.

I already use the mandt field in my join condition.

Radj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please list out the table names and the join conditions used in the view?

--- Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here you are,

T001-MANDT = T001K-MANDT

T001-BUKRS = T001K-BUKRS

T001W-MANDT = T001K-MANDT

T001W-BWKEY = T001K-BWKEY

T001K-MANDT = MBEW-MANDT

T001K-BWKEY = MBEW-BWKEY

Thx,

Radj.

Edited by: Radjech Radjech on Jul 4, 2011 6:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you have to ignore the 3rd and 4th join conditions.

Remove the join condition between T001W and T001K tables from the view and then check in RSA3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can achieve this by simply deleting the MANDT client 002 in the transformation to the master data.

I wouldn't suggest you to restrict the data in the view as in future in case you need the data from Client MANDT 002 then you just need to change the delete statement in the routine without changing the ECC view.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I can see the MANDT field in the extraction structure, but I can't see it in RSO2, neither RSA3.

It's not hidden in the RSO2.

How can'I show it and transfer it to BI transfo (for infopackage selection)?

Thx.

Radj.

Edited by: Radjech Radjech on Jul 5, 2011 8:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

when you save your DS in RSO2 it takes you to a screen where you can tick four options for the field in extract struture.

Selection

Hide field

Inversion

Field only

tick only checkbox"Selection" for the MANDAT field.

Activate the DS, replicate the DS in BW, now you should be able to see it in the selection field.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arvind,

I can't see the MANDT field on this screen (RSO2 to select, hide .....).

I can see it on the extract structure, but not on the screen RSO2 to set selection flag.

I hope I m clear.

Radj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found finally the solution, I added the MANDT field to my specific fiew.

The factr I added the MANDT does the filter automatiquely on the client number.

In other words, if you want to filter on the client system, you have to put the MANDT field in your specific view.

Thx.

Radj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi every body.

I know it's an old discussion, but who know? If it can always help some  one?

So i faced the same issue, i wanted to create a view based on T000 table, the problem is when i'm using the MANDT as field in my view, i can't extract all client's data. I solve that issue using the MANDT field in last place of my view. Nevertheless, i can always not get the MANDT field neither in RSO2 nor in RSA3, but i can get all data for all client's on my ECC system.

One last thing that could be important, even if extraction structure contains the MANDT field, that last isn't transported to BW when replicating! So if we have to use multiple clients as source systems for the same BW system, so we can replicate the same datasource using multiple source systems (check the source system we want to use when replicating).

That's all, hope it could help some body some day

Hard luck!

Salah

Message was edited by: Salah Sr. BW consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to add the field MANDT as your 1st field of the view. Otherwise it doesn't work.

I lost quite some time not knowing why it didn't work.

Kind Regards,

Els