cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross tab column headers display on all pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a Crystal Report with a cross tab which displays all details. In the cross tab I have 6 columns with details about the data displayed in the last 2 columns. The headers of these columns are only displayed on the first page but not on other pages. How can I add column headers to all pages? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sabine_henderson
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Column headings should be repeated automatically, row headings can be repeated by

1.right-clicking on the row header

2. select Row options

3. .select Repeat Labels on Page break

or, when I just reviewed it in the help section it says:

"When you create a Cross-Tab that is wider or longer than the specified page size, the program automatically spans the printing across enough pages to accommodate the size of the Cross-Tab. In the Preview tab, a line will appear at each page break. For ease in reading, column headings will be repeated on subsequent pages. Row headings can also be repeated using the Keep Columns Together option.

To repeat row labels

Right-click the blank top-left area of the Cross-Tab and select Cross-Tab Expert from the shortcut menu.

The Cross-Tab Expert appears.

Click the Customize Style tab.

Select the Repeat Row Labels check box, if desired.

Crystal Reports lets you designate report objects that don't expand horizontally, such as text objects, field objects, OLE objects, charts, maps, lines, boxes, and so on, to be repeated on each additional horizontal page that a Cross-Tab creates. For more information, see Repeating report objects on horizontal pages."

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Due to vacation I was not able to reply any sooner

0 Kudos

Crosstabs will always only have the header info on the first page, nature of CT's.

Create a manual crosstab then you have full control.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try to make a manual cross tab and see if this is working. I'll let you know. Thank you for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer. The column labels are not the problem, they are repeated to the other pages. Above the labels I made headers by using a text box. Those headers will only appear on the first page. Is there a possibility that they are repeated to the other pages.

sabine_henderson
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I don't think that text boxes can be carried over to another page. BUT you can modify the displayed value in the Format editor, Common, Display string.

OR

try the following by selecting:

Crosstab expert

Crosstab tab

Columns

Group options

options

Customize group name field....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but format editor or customize group name field does not work. Thank you for your help.