cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-Material and IS-Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

My client is looking for a solution to easily create material master data, including Excel upload and they are running on ECC EHP4 with IS-Retail with only one domain. I am aware of the potential solutions LSMW, Winshuttle, and they are part of the evaluation that do not give governance capability, just data upload.

I was wondering if MDG material could be easily tailored for IS-Retail? I learned from SAPPHIRE that MDG is not tailored to Retail (just standard ECC) and it will need to be extended for the retail specific tables.

Has anyone considered MDG-material for IS-Retail?

Thanks,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny

To the best of my knowledge MDG is not supported for IS Retail.

EhP5 Sp04 is the latest pack which support Material, FInance data and Suppplier so far.

Any new release or roadmap information, please refer to below link-

Thanks-Ravi

Edited by: Ravi Kumar on Jul 13, 2011 1:56 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189719
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Jenny

Not sure if you are still looking for a governance solution for your article master data needs. There is content available now on the MDG platform for Article data governance, you can refer to this blog for more details, if you have further queries you can write to me....

http://scn.sap.com/community/mdm/master-data-governance/blog/2014/04/17/sap-master-data-governance-f...

Hope this helps

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jenny,

Karin Blank in my team tested MDG with Retail articles and unfortunately it does not work out of the box, additional development will be needed. We are in discussion with the MDG team. However, I don't expect a fast solution. Nevertheless we would be interested in customer requirements in that area.

Karin will return from vacation in August. I will ask her to get in contact with you to share more details if it's ok for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Christine Klomfass

Director Solution Management, IBU Retail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

Thank you very much for reaching out. I will really appreciate an opportunity to get in contact with Karin when she comes back from vacation and learn what her observations are and talk about requirements.

I can't post my e-mail address here, therefore I will send an e-mail to Karin with my contact details.

Thank you again.

Kind regards,

Jenny