Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collecting Process Chain Statistics

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi anyone,

I'm looking to write some ABAP Code to collect Process Chain Statistics so they can be coherently evaluated and not by looking at the process chains individually. I'll be looking to identify variances in # of records, load times, etc. so I can send out alerts.

I've been able to collect a lot of Process Chain Process information so far using existing API and FM calls. I'm able to get down to the Process Log Levels so far, but I'm trying to think how to go about collecting the actual key figures I need.

<b>I'm looking to capture things like the following:</b>

- Statistics of each process chain and related process chain process like I need to know that my ODS activation started @ 10am actived 10,000 records and ended at 10:01 am. (how long it took).

- I need to know that my data load loaded 1,000 records and how long it took.

- I need to know that my rollup compressed x number of records and took how long.. Etc, Etc, Etc.

I know the BI Administration Cockpit in 2004s might provide some/most of this information, but it isn't an option right now.

The way I see it I really only 1 option with a 2nd potential option:

1. Most likely option is to write a program to go out and collect the statistics for all the processes executing the program on a scheduled basis.

2. Modify/Copy the process chain process classes to somehow output the statistics I need. No idea how I would do this yet.

So again I am currently down to the process level logs and just don't know how to collect the statistical key figures I need like how many records were loaded, compressed, activated, etc... I'm thinking of somehow parsing the logs to get the key figures, but that seems like it would be difficult.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas how to collect this information so I can report on it?

I posted this here because I thought the bw abappers would frequent this area. Also, If anyone thinks this would be better suited in another forum then please suggest.

Thanks,

Ken Murray

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I developed an application using SAP tables and RSPC Function Modules to determine any long running Process Chain Processes. When a Process Chain Process runs over a determined time an SAP Alert is sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Function Module for Checking the STtaus of the Process Chain is RSPC_API_CHAIN_GET_STATUS.

You can check for RSPC* in SE37 to know the FMs related process chain.

Regs

Gopi

stevenm_wilson
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you subscribe to BWexpert?

There is an article a person posted specifically on this...

<a href="http://www.bwexpertonline.com/">BE Expert</a>

"Identify Failed Data Loads with This Check Tool"

Thanks.

/smw

Message was edited by: Steve Wilson