cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC Net weaver with ECC 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Our Client is going to Implement SAP BPC Net weaver.

As of now we are using BI 7 and ECC 5

I have the below 2 Queries

1) Whether BPC works with ECC 5

2) If we are able to implement BPC with ECC 5 then what are the issues that may come up after migrating from ECC 5 to ECC 6 for data conversion

Please give your valuable inputs.

Regards

Arjun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This is not a right approach to load data from ECC to BPC.

It will work fine if you want to bring data from some ECC table that doesn't have delivered SAP extractor, but ideal way of pulling data by using BW extractor, like GL, Sales, Purchasing, etc. Ideal approach is to load data from ECC to BW and then use standard DM Package to load to BPC.hope this information helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply

What you said is agreed But if i want to bring some of the data directly from ECC to BPC for further usage (lets real time or online update, where I may bypass BI ) in such a case I would like to know the impact of the above 2 queries.

Could any one Please clarify.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

For your first question yes BPC works with ECC5 and to your second query I would not suggest you to insert data from any other system directly into BPC because you are missing data validation which can create troubles of BPC system.

I believe there are some SAP extractors which can be used to push data amd Data has to be extracted from ECC with BPC no to push data from ECC direct into BPC table.This is normally way because the Business users would like to have control when and how the data is loaded into BPC.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPC anyway sits on top of SAP BW. What do you guys mean BPC works with ECC. BPC cannot get data directly from ECC..... the user has to pull the data into a flat file and then load into BPC which is not so robust and seamless approach. All the data finally resides in SAP BW. Still if you say..... you need to skip loading data into SAP BW. There will be no impact, because you first have to pull data into a flat file and then load into BPC.

Hope this helps.....

let me know if you need to understand more.......

Regards,

Surya Tamada.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

BPC anyway sits on top of SAP BW. What do you guys mean BPC works with ECC. BPC cannot get data directly from ECC..... the user has to pull the data into a flat file and then load into BPC which is not so robust and seamless approach. All the data finally resides in SAP BW. Still if you say..... you need to skip loading data into SAP BW. There will be no impact, because you first have to pull data into a flat file and then load into BPC.

Hope this helps.....

let me know if you need to understand more.......

Regards,

Surya Tamada.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Surya,

Sorry to confuse you as BPC works with ECC in MS version. I have overlooked the query as it is to deal with NW version.

It is more common for customers using MS version. Hope this clarifies. Thanks.

ECC - > ABAP Extractor Program (generated flat file)- -> BPC

Regards,

Sanjeev

Answers (0)