cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI, CBS, BPM process build fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

We have a BPM process which we are trying to build on our DEVINF server. The devinf server is running on NW 7.01 SP7. We update the JDK to 1.6. All DC builds fine but the BPM process fails with an error:

Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
	at java.lang.Class.getName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.getName(Class.java:552)
	at java.lang.Throwable.toString(Throwable.java:342)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException.<init>(BuildException.java:88)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeSortedTargets(Project.java:1225)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1185)
	at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.techdev.ant.util.AntRunner.run(AntRunner.java:114)
	at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultAntBuildAction.execute(DefaultAntBuildAction.java:57)
	at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.handleBuildStepSequence(DefaultPlugin.java:195)
	at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPlugin.performBuild(DefaultPlugin.java:167)
	at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate$BuildRequestHandler.handle(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:66)
	at com.sap.tc.buildplugin.DefaultPluginV3Delegate.requestV3(DefaultPluginV3Delegate.java:48)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
	at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.maybeInvoke(PluginHandler2.java:403)
	at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.request(PluginHandler2.java:149)
	at com.sap.tc.buildtool.v2.impl.PluginHandler2.build(PluginHandler2.java:87)
	at com.sap.tc.buildtool.PluginHandler2Wrapper.execute(PluginHandler2Wrapper.java:59)
	at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DCProxyMake.make(DCProxyMake.java:318)
	at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1432)
	at com.sap.tc.devconf.internal.DCProxy.make(DCProxy.java:1414)
	at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.build(CBSBuildController.java:713)
	at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.execCommand(CBSBuildController.java:478)
	at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.evalCmdLine(CBSBuildController.java:401)
	at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.run(CBSBuildController.java:278)
	at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.mainLoop(CBSBuildController.java:187)
	at com.sap.tc.buildcontroller.CBSBuildController.main(CBSBuildController.java:143)
Error: Build stopped due to an error: PermGen space

Should say that the process builds fine on the local workstation.

We tried to change the parameter

-XX:PermSize=1024m

-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m

but it doesn't help.

Should we open the OSS ticket or not?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have the same issue.

even i only build one bpm dc, it will fail because of OOM.

what I do now is selecting the option "Activate even if build fail".

my nwdi server is CE7.2 SP4

Former Member
0 Kudos

It could be an option but we have to enter to the CBS, but there isn't such option from the NWDS. We've opened the OSS message.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have that option in nwds when you activate the activity. check the "advance" button.

please share the solution if sap provide.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, there it is.

Yes, I will share, hope they'll help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonh, this line in the Visual Administrator in the Component Build Service helps us : BUILD_TOOL_VM_ARGS = "-Xmx1000m -XX:MaxPermSize=2048m"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun Wu,

I was getting exact the same error message for all activation requests and after selecting the option you mentioned I was able to activate/build again.

CE 7.3 SP08

Thumbs up!

Regards, Roberto Viana