cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Launching InfoView (New Server Installation)

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

I finshed installing the bobj xi3.1 edge server and test it on system defined universe such as efashion etc, the data source connection is tested successfuly and i can even create a report on webi Rich client to make sure installation is ok.

But when I try to log on to Infoview I get the following error message as soon as I click on document list->New--->Web Intelligence Document.

Pls advise if I am missing some connection settings on the server side or some kind of firewall rules to be set.

HTTP Status 400 - Invalid path /AnalyticalReporting/WebiCreate was requested

-

type Status report

message Invalid path /AnalyticalReporting/WebiCreate was requested

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid path /AnalyticalReporting/WebiCreate was requested).

-

Apache Tomcat/5.5.20

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple questions first :

1. Which browser are you using ?

2. Which version of Xi3.1 Edge is this ?

3. Did you run this on the server or on your client machine ?

4. What JVM is your browser using ?

5. Can you view webi reports in Infoview ?

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

here are the answers of your question, I would appreciate your help. Regards

1. Which browser are you using ?

Internet Explorer (We are using windows 2008 server and browser installed by default so I guess latest version as there is no previous version on the machine)

2. Which version of Xi3.1 Edge is this ?

Standard Package with SP3.

3. Did you run this on the server or on your client machine ?

For now I am trying to test the InfoView on the Server, No client is setup as yet. This is new installation.

4. What JVM is your browser using ?

Java 6 Standard edition (update 26)

5. Can you view webi reports in Infoview ?

I checked the sample webi reports and I cannot, So the answer is NO.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

couple more questions :

1. What is the version of IE ?

2. If it is IE8 - is compatibility mode enabled ?

3. The JVM version is little bit too high for Sp3, you'll need Fp3.6 to use that one.

4. What error do you see when trying to view sample webi reports ?

5. Try running command prompt, go to <bo_install>/deployment directory and running following :

wdeploy.bat tomcat55 deployall.

Then restart tomcat, wait 10 minutes and try viewing repots again.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

1. What is the version of IE ?

It is IE 8

2. If it is IE8 - is compatibility mode enabled ?

Yes it is enable

3. The JVM version is little bit too high for Sp3, you'll need Fp3.6 to use that one.

I am not sure about downgrading Java version as I am testing InfoView on the server as I dont know what version will be installed on the client machine, Do you think this could be the actual issue. BTW I forgot to tell you that for now I am using evaluation key to install bobj server, I am in a process of getting permamnet keys from SAP, Do you think that could be another reason.

4. What error do you see when trying to view sample webi reports ?

Same error that I posted above.

5. Try running command prompt, go to <bo_install>/deployment directory and running following :

wdeploy.bat tomcat55 deployall.

Then restart tomcat, wait 10 minutes and try viewing repots again.

I am not sure how to perform this , can you give me steps OR Is there another way. I checked all my servers are running.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

those are the exact steps :

1. Run command prompt

2. Navigate to deployment directory in your BO install dir.

3. run the command the way I wrote it.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Still not working, I was wondering if this has to do we some kind of firewall rules settings or may be I am using evaluation key, pls let me know, thanks.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're running it on the server, firewall makes no difference.

What do you see if you go to your tomcat/webapps directory ?

did wdeploy finished with no errors ?

You'll most likely will need to get HTTP trace and log a case with support.

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Denis

I am into war file folder and there are several war files there that can be deployed i am not sure which one i need to deploy, there is a war file in that folder called InfoViewApp.war and InfoViewAppAction.war, Can you pls advise me which one do I need to deploy as there are other files there as well.

I assume since I am having a problem opening Infovew, I should deploy one of these two files, all I need to do now is to pick the correct file and click deploy and hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Can you pls advise me which file do I need to deploy to resolve my infoview issue.

Regards

Edited by: SAP_LCCHS on Jul 11, 2011 2:31 PM

Edited by: SAP_LCCHS on Jul 11, 2011 2:32 PM

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you see actual *.war files inside your Tomcat webapps directory , then something went wrong and deployment wasn't done correctly.

inside webapps directory you should not see war files, you should see bunch of subfolders with names like InfoViewApp, InfoViewAppActions, CmcApp, CmcAppActions, AnalyticalReporting etc....

Are you sure you have run the wdeploy command like I described earlier and it finished succesfully ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Silly question, are you absolutely positively certain that you're not using IE9?

Are you able to test in FireFox, IE7, IE6?

former_member203111
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it is tested in compatibility mode and in firefox as well. Is this the only solution if someone using IE9.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IE9 is not supported yet.

Are you using Tomcat that comes with BOE install or your own tomcat server ?

could you please post here content of your config.tomcat55 file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\deployment directory ?

Answers (0)