If you are referring to period end activities in FICO then following link will be of great help for you.
No, I want to ask about What are the One-Time Activities that we need to perform directly into Production Client in FI/CO - during Go-Live?
Example: Number Ranges Creation, since they cant be transported, like that their are near about 7-8 activities, what are they?
You can say these as part of your cut over activities.
Edited by: Nimish Ajit Agarwal on Jul 10, 2011 9:11 AM
Edited by: Nimish Ajit Agarwal on Jul 10, 2011 9:12 AM
Sorry i misjudged your requirements , the activities at the time of GO LIVE in FICO module are mentioned hereunder
A..First one is Data Migration:It involves transferring the legacy data into SAP system, Normally legacy data is on spreadsheet format which is then uploaded to SAP system using LSMW
1. G/L Master Upload using LSMW (FS00 & FS01)
2. Vendor Master Upload using LSMW
3. Customer Master Upload using LSMW
4. Asset Master Upload (AS90)
5. Cost Element Master Upload
6. Cost Center Master Upload
7. Profit Center Master Upload
B..After uploading master data , next comes transaction data upload
1. G/L Balances (F-02)
2. Vendor Balances (F-43)
3. Customer Balances (F-22)
4. Customer Advances (F-29)
5. Vendor Advances (F-48)
6. Asset value uploads (AS91).
C....For CO related upload
1. Upload Cost center plan
2. Execute the allocation cycles within cost center accounting
3. Update planned activity
4. Calculate Activity prices
5. Execute product costing run.
D.... Other Go live activities
1. Ensure all the customizing request is in the production system
2. Ensure all the number ranges for all the modules have been maintained in the production system
3. Ensure that Operating concern has been generated e.t.c
I hope this will help you resolve your query.
I m not getting the proper answer for what I have asked??
I m not talking about Trial Balance and Masters upload dear, m talking about number ranges and tax codes and other such things which are created in PRD Client only - One time activity before Go-Live??
I hope u might have got this time..??
If anybody else please help me out of this Question?? M stuck at a dilemma??
Before Go-live you have to run the cost estimate for materials as It will cost all materials based on the price either "S" standard or "V" moving average, although it is CO part but you have to run before Go-live. This is the one most important process to be run.
Edited by: SAP my destination on Jul 10, 2011 11:05 PM
On the production client, you need to manually enter the number ranges, tax codes, addresses of company codes and plants where ever applicable, you have to manually activate the operating concern, since you can transport the activation, you need to maintain the plan activity allocation, you need to run KP26 and KP06 planning and etc.
I hope this solves you query.
Apart from what some of our experts have already identified the following are some other activities:
1. Maintain Tax codes (FTXP).
2. No. Ranges for FI documents (FBN1 / OBH1 / OBH2).
3. Opening posting periods (OB52).
4. Maintain no. ranges for Asset Masters across Company Codes (AO11).
5. Specify Asset take over date (ORFA).
6. Specify last posted depreciation in legacy system (OAYC).
7. Define Foreign Exchange Rates (OB08).
8. Setting initial posting period (OMSY). Required if MM is implemented.
9. CO number ranges (KANK). Required if it is newly setup.
10. COPA Derivation Rules (KEDR).
Coverage of each an every aspect of cut-over activities may not be possible as they are dependant on the practices and policies of the client. You can refer this whole thread which covers most of the areas in general.
Kiron Kumar T.