cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting two BW systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need at the moment to connect another BW system to ours. The Data should be extract everyday from our BW to the secound one.

At the moment I have 2 points in my mind:

- RFC User

- Datasources

Is there any other things that I have to keep in mind?

Do you know maybe any "how to paper..." to this topic?

Best Regards

Erwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

consider following points:

- Who ever creates the connection, might have sufficient authorization (better you ask someone from basis team; they normally have this)

- (if the release is BI NW 7.xx) When replicating data sources in target system, you will be asked to replicate them as 3.x or RSDS. This is up to you which technology you are going to use in future (better you go for new tech.)

There is a BP named "BI Connectivity (B84)". Check in google if you can find it.

Regards

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aban,

thank you for your help.

in the first step I would like give access only for one cube. Additionaly not all data in this cube should be available.

How should I deal with authorization?

Regards

Erwin

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin,

You can Access to one Particular Cube and provide access to only limited data by Authorization relevant fields.

You can define all these settings in PFCG t-code.

Create role and assign particular Users.

You can use tabs like Menu/Authorizations/User to configure above settings.

You can just get into PFCG t-code in your first BW system and see What kind of settings are there in the system?

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erwin,

better you use TX RSECADMIN to create authorization object. There you can define the autorization at any level you are convenient with. At second step will have to assign it to a role using TX PFCG (use authorization object in PFCG to assign the authorization you defined in RSECADMIN)

Regards

Aban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erwin,

better you use TX RSECADMIN to create authorization. There you can define the autorization at any level you are convenient with. At second step will have to assign it to a role using TX PFCG (use authorization object in PFCG to assign the authorization you defined in RSECADMIN)

Regards

Aban

PS. by the way the name of auth. object in TX PFCG is: S_RS_AUTH

Edited by: Abolfazl Hassanzadeh on Jul 11, 2011 4:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your answers, It will help me very much.

Now I should go a little bit deeper in this topic.

Regards

Erwin