cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy error - menusyst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus -

I just attempted to performed a system copy. ECC 6.0 EHP4. Within SAPinst, it was on the last item and it quit with the error ''Syntax error in program MENUSYST". Now I cannot log onto the system. I get the error "Internal TSKH error: session terminated" when I try to logon. I've stopped the install and referred to SAP Note 1285869. This note indicates this error will occur if Support pack SAPKB70108 is in place and menusyst isn't unicode-enabled. It also provides the transports to correct this problem. But I cannot do a tp import from the command line, because the transprofile profile hasn't been setup yet because the installation didn't complete.

Does anyone have any help for me to complete this installation.

Thank you for your help.

Jim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to change program attributes in database:

use DEV

update [dev].TRDIR set UCCHECK='X' where NAME = 'MENUSYST';

This solved my problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im having exactly the same error, i just like to know if this solution really work for this issue, kindly advise.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anxiety -

This was a Windows 2008 server that I was installing this on. So, I just refreshed the server operating system, corrected the error in the source SAP system re-created the files from the source and redid the system copy. That fixed the error.

Jim

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Situation you are describing here is weird. You can't login into system and you can't import from OS level also as transport has not been configured as per the note you have only one option left to contact SAP. But i am sure they will reply on the same manner that you have to go again for the copy. Open an OSS call and wait for their reply.

Regards,

Subhash