cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Configuration using TCode PFAC and ALRTCATDEF in SAP PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I am configuring my Alerts to handle errors on my interfaces, I have created the RULE in TCode PFAC with Container and on the Responsibilities Tab I have assigned an agent.

On the TCode ALRTCATDEF I created Alert Category with the Container, Short text and Long text on the Properties Tab under Rule Based Recipients I have used my "90000001" and done some Binding.

Now on the RWD: Alert Configuration link I am using my Alert Category created on the TCode ALRTCATDEF to trigger an alert.

The problem I am facing is that when sending a wrong messege from my Communication Channel I don't get an alert message on my Alert Inbox (RWD)

Any suggestion, what am I doing wrong.

Thanks,

Yonela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DId u configured alert category related to adapter level errors?.

For adapter level alerts u have to use these containers

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE

SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRT

SXMSALERTRULE

in longtext u need maintiain

Adapter Type &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE&

Adapter Error txt &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT&

Please check these settings and let me know.

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have used these objects in both of my container (Rule Container and Alert Container.

and I did binding on the TCode ALRTCATDEF..

-SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE

-SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRT

-SXMSALERTRULE

in longtext u need maintiain

-Adapter Type &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_TYPE&

-Adapter Error txt &SXMS_TO_ADAPTER_ERRTXT&

Thanks

Yonela

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to add your SAP ID in alert Fixed receipents in ALRTCATDEF transaction.

Otherwise your alert will not be delivered to your inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did u maintained fixed recipients in the alert category?. Did u checked that the SMTP server configured properly or not? SCOT t.code. Did u checked whether the service is activated in SICF t.code?

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes people I am able to get alert error message using the "FIxed Recipients" option but my requirement is to get alert messages based on "Rule Based Recipients", that is why I am using TCode PFAC to create a RULE.

Thanks

Y

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To trace the alert logs have a look into the table SXMSALERTLOGGER in SE16, might be helpful.

Regards,

Francis

Edited by: Francis Antony on Jul 13, 2011 1:53 PM

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yonela,

You need to add your SAP ID in alert Fixed receipents in ALRTCATDEF transaction.

How Sending of Alerts to E-Mail Works Internally??
Ans: 
You will assign the fixed recipients for your alert categoryALRTCATDEF . This user will have a internet email ID maintained SU01. Configure SAPconnect transaction SCOT and this will inform the recipient of an alert.

Further : A system administrator determines the recipients of a particular alert category in the definition environment (transaction ALRTCATDEF). The administrator can define individual recipients (using Fixed Recipients) or roles (using Recipients Via User Roles). If a role is specified, all recipients who have the assigned role receive the alerts of the category in question.

Refer :http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/92/5e073c8e56f658e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

And how to send alert to multiple mail Id's??
Ans:
Maintian a distibution list with all the recipients inforamatiom and trigger the alert to this distribution list. possible both in your mail server or from SAP

Refer:http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/6c/69c02b418d11d1896e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

@