cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor debit balance should come in sundry debtor balance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus

My problem is that my client wants that if a vendor has debit balance than it should be treated as sundry debtor (Current Asset) and balance should come in sundry debtor reco. GL, similarly if a Customer has credit balance than it should be treated as sundry creditor (Current liability) and it should come in to sundry creditor balance.SAP provides overall debit/credit balance of Reco. Gl, my requirement is per vendor/customer wise i,e if Mr. X is a vendor and he has credit balance of say Rs.1000/- than its ok but another vendor say Mr. Y has debit balance of Rs. 7000/- than it should come in sundry debtor GL, what SAP is doing it will show debit balance in sundry creditor Reco. GL.

Please help me and provide appropriate solution.

Thanks & Regards

Anuraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you need to perform closing operations for Accounts Recievable /Payable to achieve your client requirement.

Please read below SAP help.

Customers in Credit and Vendors in Debit

A credit balance on a customer account should be displayed as a payable; conversely, a debit balance on a vendor account should be displayed as a receivable. If such a situation arises, the program makes the appropriate adjustment postings automatically.

To do this, the system determines the total for each account and reconciliation account. This guarantees that special G/L transactions, for example down payments and bills of exchange are displayed separately from the payables and receivables. Accounts with the same consolidation company ID are considered together.

The receivables account in the figure above identifies a credit balance of $2000 for Customer 3. This payable is to be displayed in the balance sheet under the item "Other payables". You therefore transfer the amount to the account of that name. The receivables account is adjusted by a posting to the adjustment account.

Prerequisites

Since you cannot post to the reconciliation accounts directly, the system makes adjustment postings for you. You should display the reconciliation account and the adjustment account under the same balance sheet item. The system posts the offsetting entry to a G/L account, under which the payable (or receivable) is now displayed in the balance sheet. You must have defined the account numbers for the adjustment accounts and the accounts for the offsetting entries in the system already. The posting keys are already defined in the standard system.

To define the account numbers, select the activity Define adjustment acts for reclassifying payabl./receivables in the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Implementation Guide.

Regards,

Lakshmu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir, also provide me configuration aspect of the above solution, I got clue of OBBU and F101 but not getting solution.

Thanks in advance.

Anuraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

First look at the function in F101 - It will ask for a sort method lets just say XXX.

So we utilise this XXX code in F101 but what is the logic behind it we need to configure it in OBBU. So in OBBU we will create a sort method XXX. But the system is able to distinguish different method for different balances ie Receivables/ Payables hence there will be 2 folders.

Within each folder you will have further options that can go by diff intervals differrent GL accts. But lets assume there is only 1 interval that means at all times for any period of year setting 3-year example for Receivables folder to link to a payables there shd be a tick at Vend.posting at the end of the column fields will be the acct determination key ex: V05.

vice versa for Payables folder link to a cust.posting with key V06.

The detail acct settings are in the Acct field , click on it and it will jump to the acct determination screen where the questions ask will be :- If my reconciliation acct in Debtor RECON1 is credit to which acct will it post in Debtor Adjustment and Vendor target acct.

ie Dr Debtor Adjustment Cr Vendor target acct.

Vice versa for Acct determination for payables acct determination for key V06.

Once this is done upon executing the F101 the proposed adjustments will be shown based upon the previous config above

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I made 3 GL

1) vendor reco. GL, 2) Vendor Adjustment GL and 3) Target GL, also I have done necessary configuration in OBBU

now I am running F101, I am checking on selection Tab vendor range and reconciliation a/c in F101 T-Code,

but problem is still there,

I am very much clear about the concept as SAP provided, but practically I am not getting solution.

Please help me.

Answers (0)