cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh webi report with personal data provider returned error

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have installed BOXI 3.1 SP3, all the BO servers are installed on one single machine togather with TOMCAT. Based on the documentation of WEBI XI 3.1 SPS, I believe we can now add personal data from EXCEL file, and refresh reports when EXCEL data is updated. What I have done are:

1. go to registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Business

Objects > Suite 12.0 > Default > Web Intelligence > Calculator > PDP, set EXCEL RefreshonServer = ENABLE

2. Set server path to D:\Business Objects\PersonalDPFiles\

3. Created a new folder PersonalDPFiles under D:\Business Objects

4. restart SIA with a domain account

5. restart server machine

6. saved test.xls file to D:\Business Objects\PersonalDPFiles\

7. created a WEBI report using this xls file, Refreshable and Editable are both ticked in the query panel

8. Successfully ran the report. Made some changes to the XLS file, and refresh the report, results returned the updates.

9, Published the report to InfoView, then refresh the report, it failed with the below error:

An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)

In one other report where personal data and universe data are merged, the error is with 'answerPrompts' API

If I untick Refreshable, it works fine, but then updates to the XLS file won't be picked up by the report.

Did I miss anything, please help.

Thanks a lot

Anny

Edited by: Xiao Anny on Jul 15, 2011 3:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try with below steps.

• Open command prompt (Star --> Run -->cmd)

• Execute the following command:

"<install Dir full path>\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\scripts \AddNode.bat" -name <NodeName> -update -startcms -stopcms -cmsport <CMSPortNumber> -user <CMSAdministrator> -password <CMSPassword> -siaport <SIAPortNumber>

Example: "C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\scripts\AddNode.bat" -name MYCMS -update -startcms -stopcms -cmsport 6400 -user

Administrator -password Password*123 -siaport 6410

Note:- Please make sure that there is no unneeded space or line break in the above command.

• Restart Adaptive Processing Server

Now, you should be able to refresh/schedule Excel based WebI reports in Infoview

Thansk,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for your quick response. I will certain try and let you know the results.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Amit. Just tried and it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Our current environment is BO XI R3.1 SP 6.2. Till last week we dont have any issue with excel data provider "Refreshable" option. But today onwards we have the above similar issue. Before executing this script in Production, my client want to confirm executing this script will not harm our existing environment.

There were few clarifications as well.

1. How the environment is getting changed suddenly (Last week it was working fine but this week behaves differently).

2. Will it impact the existing any other applications due this script execution? If yes whether we need to backup any application related files before the script execution?

3. This script execution need to execute periodically basis

Regards,

Muthu

Answers (0)