cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to customize Biller Direct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the Biller Direct Modification Guide and also some of the posts in the SDN.

I donot have a NWDI setup. Currently, I want to just try on my local Sandbox server on ways to customize the biller direct.

Please could anyone provide me the steps to customize? It would be of great help.

Thank You,

Regards,

Su

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Su,

Were you able to create projects without NWDI.

I am also trying to customize the Biller Direct application without NWDI and I try to import the SCA file into NWDS but doesnt allow me to create the projects.

What was the procedure you followed to create the biller direct applications without NWDI. Your advice will be of great help.

Ciao,
Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for both the replies.

I have to try customizing Biller direct as a POC only on my test machine and not with NWDI setup. Once, I am able to customize on the local test machine, I will next start using the NWDI for development.

Now, my question is without NWDI is it possible? I saw the links which you provided. They talk about par files and for the login screen. I donot need customization for the login screens, but, I need to modify lot of JSP's inside the application after logging in. Hence, I tried to take a copy of the source code from the installed path, imported it as a web module application in NWDS. Then created an EA applciation for the web module. I tried deploying but nothing came up after that. Hence, wanted to know, is this method of trying to customize a good one?

Your replies will be extremely helpful.

Thanks,

Su.

Edited by: bnsubn on Jul 20, 2011 3:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not too sure on this approach for Biller Direct. However, for a custom web module, after it is deployed successfully, there is some config changes which need to be done so that the app can be invoked using the URL. Please search for a few relevant threads on SDN for this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.. I will post here if I get any SDN links related to this.

Regards,

Su

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

former_member218672
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Su,

One quick reply, it's absolutely possible to modify Biller DIrect without NWDI and using NWDS only.

For Biller Direct, you'll find an EAR and a WAR file. You need to import the WAR file into your NWDS and there you can do all your changes in jsp's or in webbase-config.xml

Then, you need to wrap this WAR into the EAR. Inside EAR, under one xml file (i dont remember the name now) you need to give the name of your WAR file.

Now, you should be able to deploy your EAR by configuring NWDS with server. After deployment, access the application using web url.

All the best..!!

Best Regards,

Sen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Ton Prodyut!! Your answer gives me lot of hope to start trying!! Let me do that way and come back in case there are any issues!

Regards,

Su

Edited by: bnsubn on Jul 21, 2011 11:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi and thanks in advance for your information.

My question is, how can you test or check your changes done in NWDS (without NWDI) in a properly way by-through your web-browser? I mean: Yes, I can modify my JSP pages, but it would be nice to see them working in a web-browser. In this case, I deduce that is absolutely necesary to have NWDI infrastructure built and ready, or is it fine to have just a JBoss or Tomcat server?

Thanks again in advance for all information.

David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bn

I have currently installed Biller Direct on one of our systems. I have created 2 different JCo connection to our ECD and PID systems. I have create the RFC on of these systems but when testing the connection im getting "ERROR: program BillerDirect not registered".

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

please create a new thread for this issue. In there provide information about versions of your systems, too.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos