cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General case error on selecting Case type in Web Page Dialog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai experts,

when i in the WebUI select Create case and then select a random Case type in Web Page Dialog a error is shown in the message area of the WebUI.

Error message is "General case error"

I tried to find the code which is executed after selecting the Case type but cannot find the reason this error occurs.

Thanks in advance

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Check the following customizing settings for a case type.

spro -> crm -> case management-> Basic Settings -> Define case type

Here, we can find record model entry, atrribute/status/function profile entries and int.no.range... Need to check each of this entries values seperately...

Record Model(in Sap GUI) -> make sure that, status of the record model is released... can't create case if the record model status is initial or absolute...

Int no Range : Say in the case type, int no range is mentioned as "01" then we should maintain interval range values for this id using the below path:

spro -> crm -> case management-> Basic Settings -> Define Number Range Intervals for Cases

when you display case type info in spro, we can find a checkbox with name case type absolute, make sure that this is unchecked... If it is checked, we can't create cases.

regarding attribute profile for a case, We can maintain group, row & column id values.. We should assign only existing group values here(ex:1)... row & column combination should be unique and if there is any repetetion, we get an error...

Thanks,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama,

not know what to do within transactio scase, this transaction only contains a model Workflow, rest is empty.

Is there a guide for this transaction.

Grtz

Richard

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Richard,

In SCASE, please change the RMS_ID to CRM one(should be CRM_CMG) I think, There is a toolbar just above the tree structure of the role based view where one of the buttons allows user to change the RMS_ID. Once you do that then in the tree structure, you can search (context menu has the find activity) on the node for case record modeller. You would find the record models used for cases. In the case type definition in SPRO, the record model is specified. You will need to find it in

SCASE & see if the record model is set to released status. You should get some pointers in the basic cookbooks in the sdn site for the same(search on NW Folder Management or Records Management). It is available under EIM->ECM. Help on SAP also has inputs on the application.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Richard,

Can you tell me how you solved this issue? I'm getting the same error message...

Kind regards,

Robbe Wuyts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Check the following customizing settings for a case type.

spro -> crm -> case management-> Basic Settings -> Define case type

Here, we can find record model entry, atrribute/status/function profile entries and int.no.range... Need to check each of this entries values seperately...

Record Model(in Sap GUI) -> make sure that, status of the record model is released... can't create case if the record model status is initial or absolute...

Int no Range : Say in the case type, int no range is mentioned as "01" then we should maintain interval range values for this id using the below path:

spro -> crm -> case management-> Basic Settings -> Define Number Range Intervals for Cases

when you display case type info in spro, we can find a checkbox with name case type absolute, make sure that this is unchecked... If it is checked, we can't create cases.

regarding attribute profile for a case, We can maintain group, row & column id values.. We should assign only existing group values here(ex:1)... row & column combination should be unique and if there is any repetetion, we get an error...

Thanks,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Please check the number ranges or any other customizing missing in spro

CRM->Case management.

Cheers, satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

we did check our customizing, cannot find strange or missing things.

Is there a way to debug the code on selecting Case type in Web Page Dialog?

Grtz

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the record model consistency for the case type you are selecting..

Regards

Snehasish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly, it was the solution to the problem! The range number was the problem!

Thanks in advance!

I don't know how I mark this reply as the correct answer! but thank you again!

María.