cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding off basic salary 2 places to decimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a client requirement where they want that in payroll the basic salary of employee should be rounded up two places to decimal ex: if employee A basic salary in payroll result = 7865.31 then it should be rounded up to 7865.35. I have tried the following methods but the basic salry value is not rounding up (logic is two points from decimal anything between 1-5 rounded up to 5 and between 6-9 rounded to 10)

already tested :

Rounding Parameters in Table - V_T511 for wagetypes (set rounding type to b)

but still value of basic salary two places to decimal is not changing.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Jyoti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You want this within IT 8 or in payroll. It is not supported by the rounding rule of wage type characteristics so if you are looking for this in master data that is IT 8 then You probably need to create a new custom Indirect valuation module and rounding rule for it by the use of user exit provided for master data modifications.

Another option is you keep the standard indirect valuation module which you are using currently and only write the round off code with the help of your abaper.

I feel second is less risky or rather more safe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

thanks for the prompt response...really appreciate.

I am looking at rounding off in payroll not in master data, if you could help.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok fine,

Assign the wage type /ROR & /ROA in net payment & deduction column in payslip.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyothi

Rounding of Basic Salary in means are you talking about Basic Pay...wage type or wage types that consists of Basic Pay can you please let us know

if it is related to the wage types related to IT0008 than we can change the PCR XVAL by useing the operation ROUND and get the desired out put

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the prompt response. Let me kindly tell my client requirement again.

The requirement is to round of the basic pay value that is coming post processing salary in payroll cluster to two digits from decimal ex if basic pay in payroll cluster is 3456.71 the value should round off to 3456.75 and if the value is 3444.56 it should be 3444.6.

Client's point of view is that because pf contribution is dependent of basic pay they should get the rounding off to second digit to decimal to higher level.

It is not linked with payslip right now. we are struggling with matching payroll amount and hence require your help.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone tell me if we can round off basic salary, hra and other payroll components in payroll cluster.

Regards,

J

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyohti

In standrad we already have rounding off option for the wage thypes in Basic Pay infotype Check the specification A for Processing Class 10

and check the code for the PCR XVAL for Specification A ROUNDG is used in your try as per ur requirement in the same Specification

and assign this to those wage types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar,

Thanks for the solution, i do see some changes but need some more help at your end.

I have changed PC 10 - as A for 1bas(basic salary)

But now the amount is not showing amount of second decimal, can you please let me know the changes i need to make in XVAL or if i need to write a rule for the same.

Really appreciate your help on the same.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please tell me how to round off Basic Pay (two places from decimal to higher level value) in pc_payresult table.

Pls it is very urgent.

Regards,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

To round off /560, please follow the table T7INY1, here you have to specify the nearest denomination in rupees, to which the amount should be round off. Rule INRR called in current period to round off whereas IN49 is called in retro.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

If u check the PCR XVAL for Specification A you will find the logic where ROUND operation is used instead of that replace with right Characterstics for Round operation u will get the out put read the documentation of ROUND through PE04 TCode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sikindar/Consultant,

Thanks for the prompt response and help.

The query is resolved and sikindar thanks for giving the pointer.

Dear Consultant,

/560 is for rounding the net pay and here my requirement was to round off the basic salary in payresult cluster, but thanks for always being there to answer all my queries, really appreciate.

Regards,

J