cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Order long text formatting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if any one else is experiancing work order long text formatting issues?

When we write long text at the head level of the work order, it seems to appear fine. However when it prints SAP is putting in extra paragraph breaks in the middle of a sentence.

for example,

This is the way the text looks an the front end screen

The work was completed on WO XXXXXXXXX. Red line dwgs. were not

submitted and the work order closed. Change control is awaiting redlines

to close out the change order. Please complete the redline dwgs and

submit to quality.

However this is the way the text looks when I enter the long text editor screen and this is the way the text prints

The work was completed on WO XXXXXXXXX. Red line dwgs. were not

submitted and the work order closed. Change control is awaiting

redlines

to close out the change order. Please complete the redline dwgs

and

submit to quality.

when I look into the change editor the text looks fine and each line has a * in the tag column.

Anyone every encounter the same problem or have a potential solution to try out.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lisa,

Looks like a workshop paper issue...

Are you using standard, or custom workshop papers?

PeteA

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FM READ_TEXT is displaying the text as it should, as it does at the header level of the work order (normal continous text) The change editor is display the text as it should with (*) beside each line, when you enter the long text editor the issue appears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Did you ever find a solution to this?  It sounds like we are experiencing the same problem you describe.

Thanks,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've customized our shop papers. However the text is only printing as displayed in the long text editor. Somewhere, somehow the system is adding extra unneeded paragraph formatting?????

I've experianced this issue in other systems as well, not sure if this is an ECC 6.0 bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For every longtext line in Maintenance Order , system adds a * & SPACE , u can find this in change editor , for ur issue u will have to check in the FORM & Print programme that is assigned to ur shop paper .. ,

Hope ur using READ_TEXT FM ..

regrds

pushpa