Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Create New System Entry" screen

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to make pre-configured connection settings available to users in my company. When the New button is clicked in SAP Logon the first screen that comes up is "Create New System Entry" with a text of:

"Select one of the available systems from the list below. If you choose the first entry, you can specify the system parameters yourself."

However the only entry in the list is "User Specified System"

How can I populate that list with pre-configured settings for users to choose?

- Regards,

Richard Bailey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

One option -> create the systems once on the SAP Logon Pad. Copy the saplogon.ini (in c:\windows\) to all the other user PCs.

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Richard_Bailey
Explorer
0 Kudos

We have over 600 users, some of them have customised saplogon.ini files so I was looking for a solution that did not require overwriting everyone's saplogon.ini files.

Also, editing the saplogon.ini file puts new entires in SAP Logon or SAP Logon Pad, not in the "Create New System Entry" screen.

Is there any way these definitions can be published in the Active Directory?

- Regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Yes the integration between Active Directory and SAP systems management exists. However, the automatic registration of systems in the active directory could have been done during the installation of SAP system itself.

Below could be of help:

SAP Notes 386762 and 608781

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/3/7/f371bbba-2341-41bf-822d-2c7dd4174756/SS_AD_SAP.doc

http://www.cybersafe.com/d2/prod-and-soln/howto/sapguissoin10min

Regards,

Srikishan

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

I don't this you can populate that list with pre-configured settings for users to create it. But surely you can do that with share the saplogon.ini to the users. this file should be placed at C:\WINDOWS file in the users system.

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal