cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSA1 issue after system refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the right forum for my issue but i will give it a try. Here is my situtation:

we recently refreshed our SDX sandbox apo system from DEV. No other systems in the group were refreshed , target systems or others were not refreshed in parallel. As a post refresh step, just like in BW, I had to go to RSA1> right click on the source sytem (pointing to old logical name DEVBI)> and then restore. So now, the new Sources sytem for SCM is supposed to be Sandbox BI (SBI) which is fine ,and the source system connection is also working good. But when we perform search for SBI datasources in RSA1 .it display 2 entries for the same datasource..one with SBI source system (which is correct) and another one with old source sytem (DBI, which is incorrect).. So we see the duplicate entries for the same datasource with 2 logical system names (old+new). Also, we are unable to replicate datasources for the SBI source system, it says DBI source sytem does not exist. I am not sure why this DBI source system's logical still there. Can anyone please share if they have ran into similiar issues? if so How can i get rid of this old logcial names from RSA1 from datasources ,that is DBI.

BTW, RABASIDOC and RSLOGSYSDEST table entries are showing correctly. Again, BW is the source system here.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi after you refresh the sandbox from development box, the logical system names should be converted to that of sandbox.

Please check for 'conversion of logical system name' in sdn or help.sap.com for required information.

However you might get duplicate in source system as you have created sandbox source system manually.

You might have to undo the changes before you convert the logical system names.

Please check.

Krishnan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnan,

Thanks for your reply. I didnt create source system manaully. I ran BDLS and then followed post system copy process to restore the source system connection by right clicking the existing one. Everything went okay. Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK,

Actually when you run BDLS the source system name assignment gets replaced instead of creating copy,

Check the following document, it might help you if you are missing any of the step,

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/805eefcd-5428-2d10-c0ab-dc27a95b2c81]

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Durgesh,

Thanks for your suggestion. Actually I did run BDLS and didnt manually create the source system in RSA1. I just had to restore the existing one and everything went fine, the source sytem checks good. But the issue still exist. The old Source system Logical name (DEV BI) still shows when searching for datasources in RSA1, so the search result displays the same datasource entry twice one associated with old Source system LSN (DEV BW in this case) and another one asscociated with the correct Source system logical name. And when we try to replicate datasources it gives error "DEV BI source system does not exist". I checked all related tables such as RSBASIDOC..and its showing correctly.

Can anyone please suggest why there the old source system logical name is still coming up? and how can this be resolved? Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cross check in RSLOGSYSMAP table in both BW and R/3 systems.......

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Thanks for your response. isnt this table related to transport?

My issue is, where could the old souce system logical name still be stored? that still holds objects/datasources. If anyone can give me some suggestion I would appreciate it.thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I just noticed that in RSBASIDOC table of newly refreshed system (not the source system), the TSPREFIX field does not match with the Source's system's TSPRFIX field, and it is has the value of DEV System (source of refresh). Could this be the issue ?

How can I change the value of this field ? any suggestions please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I tried to change the contents of RSBASIDOC table by deleteing the existing ones with FM RSAP_BIW_DISCONNECT...and was going to run RsAP_BIWC_CONNECT. But the source sytem is deleted from RSA1, do i need to re create it manually?

Please suggest.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DK,

isnt this table related to transport?

No, it shows mapppings between Logical Systems and Clients. Please check in RSLOGSYSMAP table to see how the mappings are.......?

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

RSLOGSYSMAP table is empty in newly refreshed system, but the source system does have entry.

What entry should I make there for a sandbox system? Do you think this is related to my issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DK MJ,

Have you reached a solution for your issue? If so could you please let us know what the root cause/solution was? Thanks sir!

T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tyler ,

Yes we got this resolved with the help of SAP support. As per them , for some reason BDLS did not convert all tables, which is still the mystery. So we were suggested to open another message for Basis component (BC*) to find out the root cause why BDLS did not funtion properly. Thanks everyoone for your time and responses.

DK