cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in reducing load from Data Source 0CO_OM_WBS_1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a DSO ZCO_DI11 which brings everyday 15.5 million records everynight when the process chain runs with Full Upadate and then it takes these records to cubes ZCOO_C02 & ZBS_C11. Now there are lots of records in there it takes a lot of time to do the whole process, say roughly about 6 hours to complete.

There is some data which is from last few years in those records and I think out of thise 15 millions they are about 9 millions from past years.

We are thinking is there a possibility we can get records only from the current so that there should be less load on it and takes less times to update the DSO and Cube.

The DataSource which is linking to the DSO ZCO_DI11 is 0CO_OM_WBS_1. So what are best possibilities we can have ? Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I think your DS does not capable for Delta Load. Look into your DS closely to identify any delta field like Time char or Numeric pointers(Eg: Doc No, Invoice No etc.,).

You have to some how introduce Delta concept in your DS.

Else, try to do Archive your old data which has crossed Near Line Storage limit, if possible.....

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for your quick reply. Would you please tell me bit more brief as what needs to be done or any steps would be helpful. I tried to check delta but could not find any. Also what are the steps to archive old data as you have mentioned or any easy way so that it can pick up data from only this fiscal year.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Archiving is BW concept. It does not reduce your data load since its Full load. But it helps in BW data flow.

You have to look for a delta field in your DS.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman

Yes archiving is good concept, but do you think it will solve my purpose as my aim to reduce the data load and time in this datasource, moreover i am unable to find out delta field such as time as it seem not be delta enabled.

Edited by: Sunny on Jul 25, 2011 12:14 PM

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your extractor must have linked to multiple Application tables. Patiently, look into those tables for any time dependent field.

I mean , you will be drilling down to tables level to find any time char.

Else, look into the fields of your extractor from the Numeric Pointer point of view. Any Line item fields can be used for this like Doc No, Invoice No, Order No etc.,,,,,

Eg: Suppose if you have been loading from so long to till date as Full load.

Doc No: 001 to 010, the numeric pointer delta will pick the records from 011 onwards..............

Hope you understood the concept.......

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

I have just found this link regarding this datasource mentioning its fields

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw33/helpdata/en/28/92a0311a36a640a48820ec3bbf4d90/content.htm

and it also mentions that it doesn't hold any delta. Please advice me what to do now ?

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through your link, it is not delta capable. Although it has FISCPER, still we can't do i believe. Please wait for any other expert's inputs.......

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Can any one suggest me a possible solution.

Thanks & Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what kind of reporting are you doing on the infoprovider on top of this DS, if the report does not include WBS element then the same set of report can be built on top of Cost and Allocations cube which supports delta.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thanks for your reply. We are doing Trading report which includes Budgets and yes it does include WBS element. We are always doing full load and it has got loads or records even from past years. So, my aim to get the records only for current so that it should have less load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

this DS extracts the actual/plan cost and budget is coming from 0CO_OM_WBS_2 DS.

Also Ashish has already given you the solution for loading the data on FISCPER as per your requirement for this DS.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I am sorry i could not get your point about 0CO_OM_WBS_2 as we are not this DS at all. Regarding Ashish's point i think it wont be possible please have a look at the following as 0CO_OM_WBS_1 do not support delta.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw33/helpdata/en/28/92a0311a36a640a48820ec3bbf4d90/content.htm

Edited by: Sunny on Jul 25, 2011 5:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what ashish had suggested was to load selectively using FISCPER selections. As some part of data will not change so no need of loading that again and again. Let us assume that only current year onwards data is going to change then you can restrict the full load to load only current FISCPER onwards data, this way it would be Psuedo delta.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thanks for clarifying the point proposed by him. Would you please suggest me the steps to do Pseudo Delta as i have no idea how to do it.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Would be please show me the procedure...and i am still trying to figure out how to do that ?

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I am not able to access my system but can you check, if there is any time characteristics avaialble in this data source which can be used for selection.

If yes then you can go for selective load based on some time frame till which you want to load data.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgesh,

Thanks for your quick reply as well. Would you please tell me steps what to do or how to check the delta in it as I tried to check delta but could not find any. Is there any easy way so that it can pick up data from only this fiscal year.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Answer of your question is

you can pick up the data for only for this year by using fiscal period selection of 0CO_OM_WBS_1.

But before going for restriction of data think about below questions,

1) Is there any posibility of getting data beyond this year? Ex: - data for 2012 year

2) Is there any possiblity that past year data might get changed? Ex: changes in data of 2010 year

3) What is the window of change document and create document in FI-CO?

4) how will you manage to load such a full load everyday w/o data duplicacy or missing in cube?

Based on thiese questions you can design your solution.

If you have any problem of designing solution then please tell us.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Try to modify 0CO_OM_WBS_1 DS through RSA5 & RSA6 transaction, and mark the Fiscal Year or Fiscal Period field for selection. After that replicate this DS to BW and you should be able to see the time characteristic in IP resrictions.

Regards,

Durgesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply but now i am really confused with your answer as what to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgesh,

Thanks for reply again. I was thinking the same but some reason i am unable to find delta in Fical year. How can i find out whether this datasource 0CO_OM_WBS_1 is delta enabled at all or not. Is there any we can write some ABAP and make it delta enabled with time period.