cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This document could not be opened"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone seen this message and found a solution:

I have a Crystal report file that works just great. I close it, and reopen a few days later and get the following message:

<the file extension and file name>.rpt This document chould not be opened.

These are reports that I run every week, and occasionally make minor changes. The report works and then suddenly does not open. This has happened with at least 10 different files. I am reading an SQL database that has a number of tables that are connected. I can reproduce the report and get it to work again.

Thanks!

Helen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Couple of things I can think of, either your hard drive has problems, run Disk Manager and fix any errors. Or your temp fold has some old report files that are in a non valid state, try closing all programs and then delete all files in your temp folders.

I doubt it has anything to do with the database, unless you are saving the reports in the database.

What version of Crsytal are you using?

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Crystal Reports 2008 Version 12.2.0.290 CR Developer Product Type Full

0 Kudos

Hello,

You are on SP 2, you could update to SP 3 and test again. By default when you open a report CR makes a copy into your %Userprofile%\appdata\local\temp folder. Only reason it would fail is because the file still exists of your temp folder is full.

type that into the Start, Run line and it'll take you right there....

Don