cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table view in EHP1 CRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create a table view in ehp1 CRM.

Is it the same way by creating a view and adding value node /model node then selecting view as table view with congigurable mode?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ani,

Its pretty straight and simple with EHP1.

There are many approaches . 1) Rapid Development feature of EhP1 and 2) AET Table enhancement feature of EhP1.

Which approach to choose depends on your requirement.

If its just creating a table view, even the BOL wizard feature can be used,

If you want to have a table view which must be a Ztable based view & which is also related to OrderHeader( BTAdminH) or so, then AET Table enhancement is best.

SAP HELP has ehnough info about it, Here is the [Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/01/320bd270e84f419953906fe8050ed1/frameset.htm]

Let me know if you need more help. I have done several developments on EhP1.

Thanks & Regards

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks suchitha ,

I need a new assignment block to capture competitor info.

The competitive information will be displayed in a tabular view.

The table view will have the following columns to display the competitor information.

There will be options/icons to create new rows and to delete any rows.

I need product categories as dropdown list ,and 3 checkboxes and 3 text fields. in tha table view

I need to save these values in custom table.

Thanks,

Anitha

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

As per your requirement, AET table enhancement will be best suited to it.

Use the help.sap.com link i gave in earlier reply to know more about AET table enhancements.

Now to get on to this task ,

1) Use transaction AXTSYS and create an entry for Z component, give a name say ZAET_TBLEXT.

and Save. The AET Table extension, then will use this component by default( if you select the radio button there) to create the views. Remember, just give any name you desire for the component. You dont need to create this componenet. AET extension wizard will create the component automatically.

2) Open the overview page on which you would like to have the tableview as an assignment block. Since its a compititor info, i assume you want to place it on a BP/Account/Prospect. Competitor Overview Page or Opportunity Overview Page. Now chose the config button and once the Assignment blocks are highlighted, select the Header View( Compititor header or Opportunity header view depending on the overview page you are in) and config tool will open. Use the Display Enhancement button or create enhancement button and another popup will open which display the enhancements if any,

3) On this Pop up you will see the AET table extensions assignment block. Use the Add table button. Follow the wizard and create the table, mention fields, translations etc. Also mention it as 1:n relation and so the table view. Chose the Standard buttons so you get all action buttons as well as inser, editlist, delete buttons etc.

Once done, save and generate. This creates the view and also adds the component usage on overviewpage.

Now all you need to do is just configure the overviewpag to pull the new tableview assignment block from Available to Displayed blocks.

Note :

1) this creates a Ztable , name same as mentioned/defaulted while AET table enahncement

2) this create Z BOL entity with 1:n relation with Access Entity of OverviewPage , for example, BuilHeader if account overview page or BTAdminH if Opportunity overview page.

3) creates BOL strucutre, handler class etc on its own.

4) You do not need to do any coding,

Thus in half an hour, you are done with Table view enhancement with Z table based entities.

Before EhP1, we had to extend the BT/BP model with ZBOL and had to do a lot of thigs on our own. Almost 2 days job for an advance developer which is reduced to 15-20 minutes with zero coding required.

If you have a sandbox or IDES system, i would recommand you to try it there frst, get confident and then do development on your development system.

Remember ->

1) AET Enhancement tool has to be started from WEB UI - which is generally runs on Customizing client, but creating AET table and enhancements is Workbench task. So if your customizing client is locked for workbench developments, then You must run the WEBUI on your workbench client ( use transaction wui ). It does not make any difference as far as development is concerned because your development its pure Workbench activity. later, you configure the Overview Page to pull the AET table view on your customizing client.

2) Be confident and have well determined about the table design & about your table view design like the fields you need etc. because once you add the fields and mention the field type like Numeric, indicator,text etc, you can not change it later once the Tableview is generated. You can add more fields later and you can delete fields too but you can not change their type later.

All the best.

Thanks & Regards

Suchiita

Edited by: Suchita Phulkar on Jul 30, 2011 12:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suchitha ,

I need a field (product id) with ddlb and the values retrived from table comm_product.

I have defined data type of product ID same as the of taht of table product id(char ,40).

I have clicked on action button for field and could find options show check table as DDLB.

and have given check table as comm_product.

its giving error as 'check table is not compatable'.

I also need to give one field as free text,how should i define it?.

Its in BP account page ,i'm creating new assignment block.

Anitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more doubt regarding GUID creation ,

Should I need to include GUID (BP guid) while creating the table ?

For the checkbox i have selected the data type as indicator ?is it correct.

Table view has been generated but ,I'm unable to see in accounts page.

Thanks,

Anitha.

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

For check table, reference key mapping is needed. Dont go for it

Create product id just as text char40. Later implement GET_V as usual to get dropdown and values.

Rather I would suggest to haveF4 by using product I'd searchhelp readily available as product id dropdown will be a long list

You don't have to create BP GUID field. The AET table generated wil have 2 fields as object Id and parent id and both will refer BP GUID because you have created AET table from BP Overview page.

Indicator should be used only if you want the field as checkbox. It has char1.

To have a field as a free text, initially you need to create it as a text and later change the domain or data element in the table in SE11.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Suchita

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Hi Anita

You are right using indicator for checkbox

BP GUID I already addressed in earlier reply.

If you open the component that contains BP overview page and go to the config tab, you will find your tableview there in available blocks as <yourAETcomponentname>.windowname

Just pull it to displayed block and save the config.

If you run WEBUI on different client then do client copy using SCC1 for your configuration transport.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Suchita.

P.S.You can delete a field and create a new anytime.

Use transaction AXTSHOW and run for your ZTable generated by AET to see various things generated and analyze if any errors. It creates not only z table but a table type ,line type , work area for BOL attr. And also creates function modules which you can use readily to insert , update and delete records from stable using ABAP from backend.

It's amazing to see so many things created for you for the given Z table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs suchitha.

I checked the bp_head /overpage view and could find ZAET_TBLEXT and also moved to display blocks.

and a component ZAET_TBLEXT has also been created.

but in the runtime repository ,

i could not find any view ZAET_TBLEXT/competitor profile attched to viewset\area .

I logged into web ui and was unable to find the table view displayed.

Next question is

Now the component ZAET_TBLEXT has event handler methods insert ,modify delete .

I need to redefine these methods and need to write somelogic? (for inser update)

But as per ur explanation the code should be avialable.

i have checked the AXTSHOW and have given the table name

I can find the FM ,table type ,everything created succesfully.

Anything still I'm missing?

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anitha,

1) You dont need to worry about the component usage nor you need to create or handle anything like that for AET compoent for table extension. SAP has a special way to handle it in WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE of component controller for AET extension generated component so its nothing for us to do about it. Thanks to SAP

2) If you have pull the view in configuration, saved the config and still not able to to see it, then the simple reason could be the personalization stuff Just Open the personalization of Overview Page, and click reset to default. I am 100% sure that you will see the AB now

3) if solution given in (2) does not work, then you need to check the Config Key/ Object type etc are the same ( or relevant to your config) on left side and right side when you do F2 on the Overview Page .

4) you dont need to handle the insert/update/delete . Its handled automatically.

Thanks & Regards

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suchita ,

It was a problem of config key.

Now i'm able to see the table view.

I'm able to inser and delete.

But some how edit list is disabled

only for first time it was enabled mode.

and when i enter the details ,i need to save the data in the ztable(created by aet)

How would i achive this.?

Thanks,

Anitha.

suchita_phulkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try to understand the concept so that you dont endup with so many simple questions.

I appreciate if you read the SAP help link i gave that explains the AET table extension.

Here you are not only creating just an Assignment block and a ZTABLE but you are extending the BP/BT framework.

So obviously when you hit save on BP overview page, the data will automatically save in the ZTABLE. Similarly when you use insert, delete etc buttons and save records will be inserted/deleted from your ZTABLE !!!

Thanks & Reagrds

Suchita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks suchitha for all ur inputs and valuable suggestions

I have acidentally deleted the enhancement of the coponent (zaet_tableview).

Now i have ended up with an BSP error .

Window 'ZAET_TBLEXT/COMPETITOR_PROFILE' is not defined in the component 'ZAET_TBLEXT'.

I have tried deleting the table from ui config tool .,by clicking the edit and then deleting the table and then clicking the save and generate button ,the status of table has changed to yellow .

I have moved the assignment from available to displayed blocks.

Thanks

Anitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your inputs suchitha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suchita ,

I have created the Table view now , to which overview page i should add it ?

Basically i created a Table view in Marketing Campaign , but now unable to see the Table view when i am loading it .

I tried finding which overview page is getting loaded by doing F2 on that . But still no luck , i am not able to see in the configuration to add this newly created view to overview page .

Even i tried refreshing , loading the view once again . Nothing is working , \

Regards,

Nikhil Kulkarni

Sschlegel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suchita,

I did everything like you said and like I also read in several tutorials, but the click on "Edit" or "Insert" has no effect on my AET-Table - can you give me a hint, what I could have done wrong?

Thx and looking forward for a response.

Regards

Sören

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in EHP1 AET can be used to enhance application by new tables. I never tried this. But its given in the EHP1 release documentation.

Try using AET, if it does not wrk, then take up the conventional approach

Cheers, Satish