cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPinst Command Line Options

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to install e.g. NW 7.0 from the Windows/Linux command line without GUI, only with parameters ?

Is there any documentation ?

Best regards

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

lieven_debock
Explorer
0 Kudos

Automating SAPInst is a 2 step process.

Step 1: Capture an answer file & retrieve the product-ID.

Step 2: Replay the answer-file

Prepare a 'RunFromHere" location containing 'start_dir.cd'

Prepare the location containing 'inifile_capture.xml

Files: doc.xml, inifile_captured.xml, keybd.xml

X:

cd X:\RunFromHere

X:\SMWPx_Py\sapint.exe SAPINST_PARAMETER_CONTAINER_URL=[path2\inifile_capture.xml] _

SAPINST_EXECUTE_PRODUCT_ID=[Retrieved_Product_ID] _

SAPINST_SKIP_DIALOGS=false

On Windows, make sure to assign sidadm the necessary Privileges to avoid al logoff/logon.

> ntrights -u Domain\sidadm +r seAssignPrimaryokenPrivilege

> ntrights -u Domain\sidadm +r seTcbPrivilege

> ntrights -u Domain\sidadm +r seIncreaseQuoataPrivilege

To debug... change SAPINST_SKIP_DIALOGS to true..

0 Kudos

Hi Alexander Wenning,

Please have a look on the following link:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f056c315-a33f-2a10-1bb3-a300fd33e...

This document have the main proposal for the "Unattended Installation Mode".

Regards,

Carlos Biscaia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

back from vacation and now, lots of problems

An unattended installation with an ABAP Stack works.

But with a JAVA Stack following error appears:

SCHWERWIEGEND: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Error while accessing secure store: The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong..

Could anybody help me.

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you managed to get the unattended installation successful as I am getting error while PREREQUISITE checker step.

here is the error

(SAPINST_SKIP_DIALOGS=true)

Validator of step |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|showDataFileDialog reports an error :

. To solve that problem start the installation without using SAPINST_START_GUI option.

INFO[E] 2012-02-28 06:32:02.761

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall:

Validator of step |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|showDataFileDialog reports an error :

. To solve that problem start the installation without using SAPINST_START_GUI option..

ERROR 2012-02-28 06:32:02.766 sixxcstepexecute.cpp:951

FCO-00011 The step showDataFileDialog with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|2|0|PrerequisiteCheckerDialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|3|0|showDataFileDialog was executed with status ERROR .

I have post a fresh thread also but just posting here for a quicker response, the command I am using is

BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64>sapinst.exe SAPINST_PARAMETER_CONTAINER_URL="E:\DumpsECC\SilentInstall\inifile.xml" SAPINST_EXECUTE_PRODUCT_ID==d0e25872 SAPINST_SKIP_DIALOGS=true -nogui -noguiserver I have copied "PREREQUISITE_CHECK_DATA.XML' under X:\BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master\IM_WINDOWS_X86_64\COMMON\INSTALL\ directory.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can do installation without SAPinst screen. Same information is there in the installation guide. Below are the command to do installation without sapinst screen.

Running SAPinst in Accessibility Mode

You can either perform a local installation, where SAPinst and SAPinst GUI are running on the same host, or a remote installation, where SAPinst and SAPinst GUI are running on different hosts.füÃÙ u2019

Local installation:

Start SAPinst as described in Running SAPinst by executing the following command:sapinst.exe u2013accessiblefüÃÙ u2019

Remote installation:

Start SAPinst on the remote host by executing the following command from the command line as described in Performing a Remote Installation with SAPinst :sapinst.exe u2013nogui

Start SAPinst GUI on the local host by executing the following command from the command line as described in Starting the SAPinst GUI Separately for a Remote Installation :sapinstgui.exe -accessible u2013host

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I dont want to install from a remote machine.

I want to install a SAP System without any user interaction for example like these

"sapinst.exe -SID=ABC -DB_PATH=D:\ -SAP_PATH=E:\ -PASSWORD=test1234 and so on"

Is this possible ?

Best regards

Alex

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> "sapinst.exe -SID=ABC -DB_PATH=D:\ -SAP_PATH=E:\ -PASSWORD=test1234 and so on"

This is possible by using the "unattended installation":

Hinweis 950619 - Installation of SAP Systems with Unattended Mode

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it possible to use this method for creating a SAP system copy ?

Best regards

Alex

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read the note.

Yes - it is. You have to create one time an XML file to drive the setup, this can then be modified accordingly.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I red the note 950619 . But then the following error appears:

ERROR 2011-07-28 17:23:21.657

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall:

Validator of step |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|SAP_Software_Features_Select|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|selectUsagesNetWeaver reports an error :

. To solve that problem start the installation without using SAPINST_START_GUI option..

ERROR 2011-07-28 17:23:21.736 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:951]

FCO-00011 The step selectUsagesNetWeaver with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|SAP_Software_Features_Select|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|selectUsagesNetWeaver was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall:

Validator of step |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|SAP_Software_Features_Select|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|selectUsagesNetWeaver reports an error :

. To solve that problem start the installation without using SAPINST_START_GUI option..).

Can anybody please help me ?

Best regards

Alex

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I red the note 950619 . But then the following error appears:

>

> ERROR 2011-07-28 17:23:21.657

> CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

> MUT-03025 Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall:

> (SAPINST_SKIP_DIALOGS=true)

> Validator of step |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|SAP_Software_Features_Select|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|selectUsagesNetWeaver reports an error > . To solve that problem start the installation without using SAPINST_START_GUI option..

You read the note - and this error occured? How did you start sapinst? What did you change in the file?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I only added the SolManKey in inifile.xml .

I start SAPinst with this command:

C:\Temp\abc>F:\sap_source\inst_master\BS_2005_SR3_SAP_Installation_Master\IM_WIN DOWS_X86_64\sapinst.exe APINST_PARAMETER_CONTAINER_URL=C:\Temp\abc\inifile.xml SAPINST_EXECUTE_PRODUCT_ID=d0e28025 SAPINST_SKIP_DIALOGS=true -nogui -noguiserver

Best regards

Alex

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I only added the SolManKey in inifile.xml .

Please read the note again.

You have to go through all the steps to do a system copy and stop at the summary screen.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I repeated all the task as described in note 950619, more than one times.

I think I followd the task to the best of one's knowledge and belief.

When I start the normal SAP Installtaion with GUI, the Installation will complete without any problems.

I use Java Version:

java version "1.4.2_13"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_13-b06)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_13-b06, mixed mode)

Could it possible that the error depends on the java version ?

Best regards

Alex

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I use Java Version:

> java version "1.4.2_13"

> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_13-b06)

> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_13-b06, mixed mode)

This version is very old. As far as I remember the firste Java version officially supported for x86_64 was patch 17. I suggest you get the newest patch and try again.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

now I tried it with java version

java version "1.4.2_30"

Java(TM) Platform, Standard Edition for Business (build 1.4.2_30-b04)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.4.2_30-b04, mixed mode)

but without success.

Does anybody has any suggestions ?

Best regards

Alex

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would start the installation with guy so you see what is happening. The system wants to display an error message and can't because there is no gui.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

now it works for a normal unattended SAP installation.

The error occurs from a misconfigured java installation.

Now I`m try to make an unattended SAP system copy, so stay tuned

Thanks a lot and best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I have the same error.

|NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features|ind|ind|ind|ind|4|0|SAP_Software_Features_Select|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|selectUsagesNetWeaver was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall:

How do you correct it?, you said that solve the error from a "misconfigured java installation"

Can you explain more.

Regards

Juan