cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Cut and Paste From Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to simply cut and paste from Excel into the Xcelsius spreadsheet. Even though the user manual indicates to copy from Excel and right click where you want to paste, the Paste and Paste Special functions are greyed out. It is almost like the cells are locked or protected somehow. I selected Formal Cells -> Protection and unlocked the cells but still nothing. Any ideas? Excel 2007

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks much for the help. This worked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems your workbook was locked. Try the following... it might help you.

I know some of you out there have hit this problem in the past and now we have a workaround...

If you try to add/remove/modify a worksheet in the Xcelsius embedded Excel and you can't do it.

1. Start to unprotect the workbook:

Office 2007 (Ribbon menu in Xcelsius or Excel). Select Review > Protect Workbook > Protect Structure and Windows.

Office 2003 (menu only in Excel). Select Tools > Protection > Unprotect Workbook.

2. You will be prompted for a password.

3. This is the password (the O is an uppercase o):

fazOh1+u

4. Click OK and the spreadsheet should no longer be locked.

Let me know if still your problem exists.

Regards,

Anjani Kumar C.A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestions; I have tried them all and none seem to work. I can cut and past from within the Xcelsius spreadsheet and also cut from the spreadsheet into another Excel file but still cannot cut from an external Excel file into the Xcelsius spreadsheet. The Past and Past Special options are still greyed out. Where might I start looking to see if there are any incorrect settings?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i got your point. From a external spreadsheet you want to copy the data to embedded excel sheet.

Directly its not possible, but you can copy and paste the data in notepad and from notepad copy the data and paste in embedded excel sheet.

It works for sure.

Regards,

Anjani Kumar C.A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you probably just have a locked read-only spreadsheet inside Xcelsius for some reason. Save your spreadsheet and Xcelsius file, then close out of both. Open your spreadsheet and see if you can copy and paste from it to another application. If you can, then open Xcelsius and try again. If not there is an Xcelsius setting that is not right. Can you copy/paste other things into Xcelsius?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to open only Excel Sheet copy and paste.

if not possible then check it u have locked as above guy said.

or else try to reinstall office Xp