cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRS (Multi Resource Scheduling) - Thread # 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Creating a new thread for all discussions on the produt Multi Resource Scheduling.

Another thread (http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?forumID=140&threadID=718370) already exists in this regard, but the discussions on the thread have increased and it is becoming difficult to track the same. Hence creating this new thread.

Please first refer to the above thread to see if your questions have already been answered, before asking / discussing any MRS related topics in this thread.

Regards,

Mithun

Edited by: Mithun Kamath on Aug 2, 2011 5:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (19)

Answers (19)

former_member201296
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun/all

I'm desperate for help where I need to do automatic scheduling for slot based automatic assignments

Explanation

If I have 8 Hrs assignment & I have 4 resources in the work center we need to distribute this assignment based on the competency ( qualification) & availability how system will identify to distribute among these 4 work center capacities?

Please give some inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun/All,

I am a DBM Consultant and currently working on MRS 9 implementation.I am new to MRS

There is a requirement from client for allocating BAY as well on MRS - Is this possible in Standard

To my knowledge I noticed only Resource Allocation (Department wise) can be mapped on planning board in MRS Standard - However noticed there is a possibility of using BAY-(Specialized) as one of the TOOL,

Questions:

1. Is there a possibility for BAY Tracking/Allocation available in MRS Standard?

2. If we treat BAY as a Department and maintain no.of bays in it as non-salaried employees what may be the challenges?

3. Any alternatives on the solution for BAY allocation ?

Please help!

Thanks in Advance

VSP

former_member201296
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please clarify what you are calling as BAY is this is the service are you mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi Prakash,

Bay as in, it is the Service Area/block where the actual repairs on the vehicle takes place by the technicians.

Ex: In service workshop there may be some 8 - 10 Bay Areas where multiple resources work parallely on different vehicles

Hope I am clear

Please provide if there is  any possibility of tracking of available BAY's on planning board

Thanks in advance !

V S

0 Kudos

could anybody publish customizing from /MRS/IMG/Sources of Demand - PM/CS Orders - Define Search Strategy for Automatic Assignment Creation (ERP)

?

i do not understand what i have to put in Search Strategy item level, for "Automatic assignment creation" works.

former_member201296
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Hi, i assume that i know.

i configure two places in customizing:

SAP Multiresource Scheduling - Sources of Demand - PM/CS Orders - Control Automatic Assignment Creation (ERP)

and

SAP Multiresource Scheduling - Sources of Demand - PM/CS Orders - Define Search Strategy for Automatic Assignment Creation (ERP)

as it says in help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mrs900_erp/helpdata/en/88/93b698d5b84aba93ec602bb2429255/content.htm?fra...

but in "Define strategy" i can not set nothing but "Conc. Slot" (Flag to search availabiltiy for Concrete Assignment).

when i set anything else (deactivate Conc. Slot), i recieve error - "Partner is not available".

former_member201296
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this is the way for customization did you manage to get it sorted?

0 Kudos

i do not understand. What for i have get it sorted?

Would you publish any sample customizing?

0 Kudos

hi experts.

I want to use automaic assignment creation.

i use this article to customize http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mrs900_erp/helpdata/en/88/93b698d5b84aba93ec602bb2429255/content.htm?fra...

but in planning board i get error: Auto. assgmnt creation for demand &1 failed; partner is not available

could you explain what else i must to configure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun

We are planning to get the allocation descriptions on to the screen so we have activated the BADI           (Description for Time Allocations (ERP) but badi is not calling the text therefore we are not able to see the description on the PLB screen.

Please comment....

Thanks

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MRS Experts/Mithun,

I am in middle of the implementation project. I need to do resource scheduling of CRM service order with MRS. CRM and MRS in different box.

We have configured the system in ECC MRS and CRM system as per standard document.

BADI:CRM_SRV_SDL implemented in CRM system. Still demands are not coming to MRS planing board.

What I am missing?

Your feedbacks are valuable for me.

Thanks & Regards,

Sukhveer Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukhveer.

Sorry if an obvious question - but you have configured the RFC destination and used this destination variable in your function calls within the SDL BADI (from SAP note) ??

Case b) MRS is installed in a different system:

You have to first specify the RFC destination in the following customization:

SPRO (SAP Reference IMG) -> Customer Relationship Management -> General Settings for Service Resource Planning -> Scheduling Engine -> Select RFC Connection.

After maintaining the above, enter the following code in the body of the CONSTRUCTOR:

method CONSTRUCTOR.

CALL FUNCTION 'CRM_LRP_CUST_RFC'

IMPORTING e_rfcdest = gv_mrs_dest.

endmethod.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos
Mithun:
What is the difference between the attributes offered in the Web Request offered for Project Systems in Resource Management and the Web Based Planning Board inttroduced in MRS 8.0 given the limitations in RM listed below:
Web-based resource management is subject to the following restrictions for Project Systems:
  • SAP Multiresource Scheduling and SAP ERP must be installed on the same system.   Distributed system scenarios are not supported.
  • Only resources from SAP HR are supported.  Other resource types, such as Business Partners, are not supported.
  • Only qualifications from SAP Multiresource Scheduling are supported.  Qualifications from SAP HR are only supported if they were migrated into SAP Multiresource Scheduling.
  • Orders are only locked in Web-based Resource Management while they are being saved.
  • It is not possible to create an assignment using drag & drop.
  • The number of hours of a full time assignment is defined by the HR availability of the candidate.
  • It is not possible to create individual concrete assignments stretching over several days.
  • The following functions of SAP Multiresource Scheduling are not supported:
    • Creating Teams
    • Travel Times
    • Automatic Assignment Creation
    • Time Allocations such as on-call availability and HR Infotypes such as 2001, 2002, etc.
    • Qualification Matrices with two dimensions.
    • Undoing and Redoing Actions.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mithun:

My client is professional services client who is trying to make a decision as to whether to use MRS 8.0 SP3 with Project Systems or cProjects as the demand source.  This will be predicated on the performance of the Web UI.

As you know Project Systems uses Resource Management for its Web Request Form but does not have as much capability as the MRS GUI Planning Board.

With the release of MRS 8.0, the Web Based Planning Form introduces new capabilities and features I hope to cProjects.

Any enlightenment on your part could impact our decision on which way our client will pursue the detailed design.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mithun:

My client is professional services client who is trying to make a decision as to whether to use MRS 8.0 SP4 with Project Systems or cProjects as the demand source.  This will be predicated on the performance of the Web UI.

As you know Project Systems uses Resource Management for its Web Request Form but does not have as much capability as the MRS GUI Planning Board.

With the release of MRS 8.0, the Web Based Planning Form introduces new capabilities and features I hope to cProjects.

Any enlightenment on your part could impact our decision on which way our client will pursue the detailed design.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm gonna work with SAP MRS 800 SP03 or SP04(99% SP04) and i would like to know a couple of things:

1)I read a lot of SAP documentation about Assignment Creation and appointment booking, but i would like to better understand if it's possible to use "Abstract Assignment" to concatenate several assignment together from NetWeaver demands (from CRM service order items)

2)If i have two different items from two CRM service orders items of the same CRM service Order, can i group them like one and sum the time for the service.

E.G. Item A       and       Item B

Installation             Repair

both are on the same customer and i would like that the one assigned resource could complete both service

It's possible to merge and plan together? Hope it's clear

Thank you for any help you can provide

0 Kudos

Hello All

Soon we will move from MRS 610 to 800. I have a question about the resource list in the planning board.

Behind the resource name we can see existing colunms like status and No. Behind these colums there now is a thick black line followed by the columns Limit, Cons. and Overbook. In customizing i can find how to switch on/off the columns before the black line.

What are the columns after the black line, How can we use them. Can we remove them if they have no use for us?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

I'm curious about the automatic portion of the MRS. Does the MRS use a priority based scheduling algorithm (i.e. higher priority tasks can replace lower priority tasks if they arise), or does the MRS use a different algorithm tuning key, or does it use multiple algorithm tuning keys?

Thanks much,

Charlie

Former Member
0 Kudos

The links which are documents describing the functionality of MRS are not active anymore. Can you provide the links once again pls ?

Also we have to choose a software for workforce Management. We need to know whether it should be MRS or WFM Core. Which one would be better. The scenario is to manage Field Service Staff and their schedules and optimise them for nearly 5000 personnel based on their skillset and availability. The resource needs will come out of CRM Service Orders.

Also what added functionality does Clicksoftware offer, which MRS or WFM Core does not offer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, Hi Mithun,

our client has recently moved to MRSS800 version and is interested to work with the MRS notifications functionality. The help.sap.com documentation looks very straight forward, customizing only a couple of noeds, however until now I did not manage to make it work.

Is there any trick that I am missing and I should specially notice?

Thanks in advance,

Bou.Lis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are implementing MRS 800 on an existing PM solution. I need help in the following issues related to automatic assignment creation in MRS:

1) We have activated the integration from HR to SAP Multiresource Scheduling Basis. We have defined the HR Info Types which are mapped against Time Allocation Types (absences included). We use the program /MRSS/HCM_RPTWFMIF to transfer HR allocation information to MRS. This part seems that work fine.

In the Planning Board Profile customizing we have the following parameters in "Automatic Assignment split" area: Min duration =1 m, Max. Overtim Hours = 1 min, Max % = 0%, Max. Difference = 240 hours. (IMG-> SAP Multiresource Scheduling > Set Up Scheduler Workplace> Workplace profiles> Define Planning Board Profile)

We execute the transaction code: /MRSS/PLBOTIME (Scheduler Workplace) and we can view the demands and time allocations. We execute a semi-automatic assignment creation manually. The system schedules the operation selected but it has taken into account non-working time (grey areas).

Question: We would like that the system does not take into account non-working time and If an assignment exceeds the normal working time (plus overtime) of a personnel resource the system splits the assignment take into account only working time. Is it possible?  How can I get this described behavior? Is that desired behavior depending on the Planning Board Profile parameters defined?

2) To determine the operations for which the system plans assignments automatically we can enter combinations of plant,order type, maintenance activity type, sales organization, and user status in customizing.

Is it possible to plan assignments automatically for a specific work center? We would like that for an operation assigned to a specific work center, the system creates an assignment with a specific personal resource (Work center: ELECTRIC -> personal resource: Vall Gaudí Serafí). Is it possible with standard customizing? If not, does it exista FM (function module) to get it?

3)  Within the search strategy (customizing) you can set Type of availability determination. What is the main difference between Capacity-Based and Slot-Based Availability determination?

Thanks in advance.

1. Regards.

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jessica,

Better late than never. Apologies since I had too much to do in the past few weeks. Here are the answers:

1. We would like that the system does not take into account non-working time and If an assignment exceeds the normal working time (plus overtime) of a personnel resource the system splits the assignment take into account only working time. Is it possible?  How can I get this described behavior? Is that desired behavior depending on the Planning Board Profile parameters defined?

Yes, this is possible. In the planning board profile, you can find a section titled "Automatic Assignment Split" which consists of 4 parameters. You can find the information for the same in the F1 help of the parameter "Max. Overtime Hours" where you can get a link to "Splitting Assignments". It is clearly explained there.

To determine the operations for which the system plans assignments automatically we can enter combinations of plant,order type, maintenance activity type, sales organization, and user status in customizing.

Is it possible to plan assignments automatically for a specific work center? We would like that for an operation assigned to a specific work center, the system creates an assignment with a specific personal resource (Work center: ELECTRIC -> personal resource: Vall Gaudí Serafí). Is it possible with standard customizing? If not, does it exista FM (function module) to get it?

No, only the attributes mentioned in the customization are possible. Automatic assignment creation based on work center is not possible. You can always use the BADI /MRSS/RSG_PM_INT to steer the behaviour and create assignments based on your criteria. MRS has API's to create assignments.

Within the search strategy (customizing) you can set Type of availability determination. What is the main difference between Capacity-Based and Slot-Based Availability determination?

I am not certain of this but you can check it out. The availability determination types are mostly the types of Capacity Graphs that MRS offers. It will be better explained with examples:

Consider a resource which is available from 8 in the morning to 5 in the evening.

The resource has an assignment from 9 am to 11 am  - duration two hours.

The resource has a break from 12 pm to 13 pm.

Capacity Based:

You need the resource from 8 in the morning to 12 in the afternoon for an assignment whose duration is two hours. The resource can be used in this case, since from 8 to 12, the resource does have a two hour capacity pending (remaining two hours utilized for the existing assignment).

Thus, for capacity based determination, the resource can be used in the required time. (The resource can work from 8 to 9 and then from 11 to 12 to fulfill the assignment).

Slot Based:

You need the resource to work anytime between 8 to 12, but with the condition that the resource works continously on the assignment - that is no breaks / gaps allowed. In such a case, the resource in the above example cannot be used becaus the resource cannot dedicate two hours at a stretch from 8 to 12. The next available "slot" that the resource can devote is from13 to 15 in the afternoon. Thus, you need a concrete "Slot" for this and that can only be provided in the afternoon.

Hope this clears the doubt on the difference b/w capacity based and slot based.

Best Regards,

Mithun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing MRS 800 on an existing PM solution. I need help with some issues related to organizational structure:

1) I have created an organizational structure (tcode: PPOME).  We have personal resources assigned to organizational units (tcode PPOME). Logistic work centers are also linked to organizational units through the IR02 transaction code.  Several logistic work centers are assigned to the same organizational unit. We did not have created HR work centers. Are they necessary? When should we create HR work centers and in which cases have we to create them?

2) In customizing we have to define the category of a work center type  (IMG-> SAP Multiresource Scheduling >Basic Settings> Assign Work Center Types for Demands (ERP))

What are the differences between “Work center with resource planning node” and “Work center of technician”?  Does the category assigned to a work center affect the capacity information displayed in the MRS?

Thanks in advance.

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Sorry for the late reply - I am not sure if SCN was working or not but I did not get any email notifications for the posts in this mail, until Jessica posted. Sorry about the late replies.

@Jensibo You have to check out the worklist profile in the IMG (/MRSS/IMG -> Set Up Scheduler Workplace -> Workplace Profiles -> Worklist Profiles. In this, you can specify the fields / columns which you wish to see in the ALV list in the planning board for the demands. Based on your description, I assume that you are meaning the ALV list in the planning board (which goes by the name "hotlist")

@Gaurav /MRSS/D_GEO_ZIP is used when, in the IMG, for the Determination of Geo-coordinates, you specify the Postal Code method of determination. The expectation is that the longitude and latitude details of the corresponding address are present here. How to populate this table? This is left to you - for example you can create a Z report to read Google Maps or something like that.

@Jessica For question # 1, I do not think this will be the right thread. You can check ERP threads for this. Question #2: I need to check this out and let you know. Give me a day...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mithum,

Ok, thanks.

My doubt in question1 is related to MRS.  Do I need HR work centers and assign HR work centers to Logistic centers to work with MRS?  Are mandatory define HR work centers? I have installed MRS 800 but in customzing guide of MRS 700 talks about HR work centers and how do I have to define it..

thanks.

0 Kudos

Jessica,

Did you get the answer for your 1st question. (1. I have created an organizational structure (tcode: PPOME).  We have personal resources assigned to organizational units (tcode PPOME). Logistic work centers are also linked to organizational units through the IR02 transaction code.  Several logistic work centers are assigned to the same organizational unit. We did not have created HR work centers. Are they necessary? When should we create HR work centers and in which cases have we to create them? )

We faced the same situation and we went with HR work ctr approach rather Org Structure approach.

Best regards

Ramadas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need help in the following issues related to optimizer and travel time:

1) How can I maintain the table /MRSS/D_GEO_ZIP (Postal code table)for Geo-coordinates data that would be required to calculate distance and travel time. I was able to get the travel time when i maintain /MRSS/D_ADDRESS table but it has too many entries that cannot be maintained manually.

2) When i run the optimizer

a) the log from Planning board does not show anything. The customizing for optimizer log is done but still it does not.

b) when I see the log from SLG1 transaction, it shows a warning that the resource has no availability. what could possibly be the mistake.

It would great help if we get this sorted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a question on MRS and HPQC.

Does anybody know on how to create a "Drag and Drop (drag a demand and drop to a resource on MRS Planning Board).

" test case on MRS Planning Board via HPQC/SAP TAO?

Regards

Nigel

jensibojacob2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All, in /mrss/plbosrv when we enter a demand number and execute, the planning board is displayed in a certain layout (as we had set in customizing or based on the standard layout). My question is about the field list that is available in the demand window.

The demand list window contains the fields demand no, order category etc. Is there a way to control the fields that are displayed in this window? For example, if I wish to only see the Demand No and Demand Description fields in window, how can I achieve this modification?

Regards

Jensibo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

did someone find a way to copy qualification catalogs across systems? or transport it?

within a project we created several catalogs on the Qs-System. I'm now searching for a way to copy the catalog definition to the productive system. Some kind of export/import functionality for the first definition whould be enough, just to reduce the effort for getting productive.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Olli