cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The process described below is pertaining to subcontracting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The process described below is pertaining to subcontracting.

There is a material sub assebmly say "S" made of 2 child parts "A" and "B".

Parts A & B are supplied by my clien to a vendor for subassembly and when S inwarded is assigned with a different material code having movment as 101 and the parts A and B as movement type 543.

Now, if a defect is found in this subassebly S, a Quality notification is created , where provision for entering 1 defective child part say A is made available by customisation. So a return delivery is made possible for these two materials viz: S and A.

but if all the child parts are found defective, then there is no such provision and this leads to the increase if defective parts which are lying as inventory as they cannot be posted back to vendor.

I have tried sending these parts alone with normal notification process, but as this child part has subcontracting type PO, the system checks for it and and the customised notification type needs the relation of the child and parent part due to which both the attempts fail.

Has anyone else implemented such a process or is there any work around for such a situation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Well, I do have a bit confusion here by sentence u201DSo a return delivery is made possible for these two materials viz: S and A.u201D

1. How material u201CAu201D can be sent back to vendor again which vendor has already consumed at his end for manufacturing u201CSu201D.

2. If you are succeeding to send material u201CAu201D, from where stock of u201CAu201D comes for sending? (I assume for the sake of simplicity that, you have sent A to vendor initially by 541, hence the stock of u201CAu201D in your system is now zero)

3. I believe, you can only send back u201CSu201D to vendor as rejection, which you have received against PO.

To the best of my understanding you should post return delivery for u201CSu201D through QA11 by 122 movement with generation of notification.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are sending the Parent material back to sub-assembly vendor ( 102 & 122 mvt type) which sends back the child material automatically with 544 mvt type without intervention of notification.These are transaction carried out with help of Inventory management without Notificaion action box.