cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Delta is enabled for all STD Data source?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have a weird qns. cropping most of the time. .For generic, naturally you set and create Funtion module to enable the DELTA..

Where as dont know how to see DELTA enable setting for TIMESTAMPS in the STANDARD Datasource...?

Can anyone help how to find for every datasource and also when we enhance the data source how do you go and change the settings or where to check the delta TIMESTAMP settings?

pls give possible step by step and clear answers to inderstand easily.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tx. SE16-> Table ROOSOURCE. Provide your Data Source name. And you can see what is the delta type (there are many and for each there is a different way of extraction). Also you can view the function mode / view/ table etc which supply the data to the data source.

Hope this helps.

gr.

0 Kudos

HI SAP BI Learner,

i am sure you have found out by now how to check the details.

if not, go to rsa2, give the datasource name and drill through the tabs. You will have all your queries answered.

Thanks much!!

Anirban

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ROOSGENDLM is the table which holds the TimeStamps for the Datsorces.

Check in SE16

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

You are talking about holding the timestamps until now what was the timestamps for the datasources..

Whereas how for STD datasources it was set.. Is it possible to view the TIMESTAMP for those datasources.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to see the time stamp then you can check it in RSA7 transaction.

Regards,

Durgesh.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder whether we can see Time stamps for Standard DS. In RSA7 also, we can see only the current time stamps

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Durgesh and Suman

As you said we can see the TIMESTAMPS but only current time STAMPS..

Suman, Also the table you gave is only for the GENERIC DATASOURCE..not for STD. DATASOURCE..

Actually I wanted to see the very first time settings they did for STD. DATASOURCE when every company do the INITIALIZATION.

Also is it possible such info available in SAP HELP??

Former Member
0 Kudos

So looks like no one has an idea about it..How come even the settings for DELTA not visible for consultants?

How the issues will be resolved?

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, what's your objective by knowing initial TimeStamps for Standard datasources? What are you planning to do with them?

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We cannot just learn thing blindly and nod head w.o understanding the process..

Ok in case when you do enhancement to the STD datasource..how do you change those Time stamp settings...when it is not required..

let's say you have a different requirement of fetching delta..then in that case you need to change the DELTA settings..

how do you change the DELTA settings? if you know, pls give me the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

The sameway how DELTA is enabled for MASTERDATA Datasources...?

Also when we have SET UP TABLE for Transaction Datasource, why not for MAster data??

May I know where the STD SAP datasources for both TRANSACTION and MASTERDATA Program are written? Is there anyway we can check???

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can answer to one fo your question as out of curiosity i was also researching on the same and got some information so just thought oif sharing with you.

All the stnadard LO datasources are built on function modules so if you are well versed in ABAP then you can debug them and undestand the coding they have written.To me it seems very complex so i have asked my ABAP Team to help me understand the same.

Regarding TIMESTAMP also they have written logic inside that Function module in that they calll up several function modules and BADIS as well.

The function module name is MCEX_BW_LO_API

Just go to SE37 and give this technical name and explore what all logic they have written for all LO Transaction Datasources

Hope it helps.

REgards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot FYI.. Ok I understand that they use Function Module to retrieve the table data for DS>

I am also not an expert in ABAP... even basics..

hmm...gone through the code..Anyway thanks for the input.

Also is this the way they do for MASTERDATA..??

I dont think so... Because the FM you gave..only has all TRANSACTION data..so how MASTER data's are DELTA ENABLED?

where is the logic done?

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again FYI if you need to check all that details jst go to Table ROOSOURCE it will give you all the information about extraction method extractor delta type etc etc..

It holds info about both TXN as well as master data source.Extractor field gives the name of function module used for that particular datasource.

For all material related datasource check out this function modules MDEX_MATERIAL_MD.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

AL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AL

Yep this very useful..so far.

Though still we are not sure of how the DELTA settings are created..

Anyway all your inputs are helpful.. Those delta settings created shld be more like GENERIC delta enable using the FM

"BW_MCEX_API_** "*, right??

ok. thank you.

Can you also give some detail info for settings for TIMESTAMP, Numeric Pointer and Date...etc..?

With ease example?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per my knowledge

Delta records are directly selected from the R/3 tables using a timestamp mechanism from Timestamp table BWOM2_TIMEST.

Delta records are directly transferred to BW and no record is written to the BW delta queue.

when we have a delta dataset selected successfully, the SAP R/3 system logs two time stamps that delimit a selection interval for a DataSource in table BWOM2_TIMEST in fields AEDAT ,AETIM ,TS_LOW ,TSS_HIGH.

Table BWOM2_TIMEST serves as a document for loading history from R3. It also provides defined restart points following incorrect data requests.BWOM2_TIMEST is a standard ABAP report available in SAP.It provide the functionality of resetting of the date time of last Delta or Init Extraction from an OLTP system.

ROOSGENDLM is also a standard SAP table available within R/3 SAP systems depending on our SAP version and release level. It stores the delta pointer for each executed Data Source.For the next delta extraction, the delta pointer is therefore extracted from this table and the corresponding delta data is extracted from different DB tables.

The editing of these tables however is not recommended but they are very helpful when we loose delta because of some reason then we can just change ROOSGENDLM table to desired date and it will bring delta from that date .Very helpful in case of rollback of system .Before that we need to maintain entry fro that data source in BWOM2_TIMEST .

Hope this will be helpful .

Regards,

Jaya Tiwari