cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Table %TEMPLATE does not fit into window" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to print a form to an old EPSON DFX-9000 dot matrix printer and am getting the error message Table %TEMPLATE does not fit into window".

This only happens when I go to that printer. I can print fine to a laser printer.

I have tried creating a new device type and copying over the format from the laser printer, playing with the format, changing formats, ect.

I have adjusted the size of the window that my template cannot allegedly fit into but still no luck. I have checked the height and width of the template and the window many, many times and still get the same error.

Has anyone seen this before? Please help. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

RESOLVED.

Possibly I was not clear in my earlier post but I had adjusted the page format (created a custom one) and had verified the size of the window and the templates several times.

Adrian was the one who gave me the solution. The issue was the age of the printer and it didn't seem to be able to handle the fractions in the window sizes. I increased the window sizing to 1.XX the previous size (rounding up + 1) and that satisfied the printer's needs.

Thanks for all the help.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you use a device type that uses 'Line printer driver II'(STN2). There are some limitations with these device types.(see SAP note 19807)

The Smartforms composer rounds all coordinatesof the table cells and the window to compensate. If this is the reason for your problem, the error message should vanish if you increase the size of the smartform window that contains the table %TEMPLATE a little.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check the Template size & window sizes. for EPSON dot matrix printer if it is a 80 column printer u can go with page format of A4 size.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You need to see the width and height of the Page Format which you have set in Form Attributes of your smartforms.

What ever you create should be within this width and height .

So accordingly adjust the width and height of your windows and components within them

Regards,

Dep

lijisusan_mathews
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the page format and size that is set for your printer ? Is it same as for the laser printer?

prakashjasti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Just open the smartform and run the smartform directly and see

the error what is the template causing the error and reduce the size

of the template as well as the window in which this template exits.

Regards,

Prakash