Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with external library DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on NWDS Version: 7.02.06.

I am trying to use JXL jars in my DC and have used the blog /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-development-components to achieve this.

My problem comes at the last step. When I add the Library refernce in my WD DC, i give sap.com~hkjecomp. Sap.com is my vendor and hkjecomp is the JEE (Library type DC) wrapping the External lib DC.

When I deploy the WD DC, it deployed with warnings and a cluster wide exception :

Aug 5, 2011 5:41:12 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] WARNING:

[011]Deployment finished with warning

Settings

SDM host : sapdapp1

SDM port : 53918

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/hkandpal/LOCALS1/Temp/temp28228sap.com~hktest02.ear

Result

=> deployed with warning : file:/C:/DOCUME1/hkandpal/LOCALS1/Temp/temp28228sap.com~hktest02.ear

Finished with warnings: development component 'hktest02'/'sap.com'/'local'/'20110805174050'/'0':Caught exception during application startup from SAP J2EE Engine's deploy service:java.rmi.RemoteException: Error occurred while starting application sap.com/hktest02 and wait. Reason: Clusterwide exception: server ID 398344750:com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: Clusterwide exception: Failed to prepare application sap.com/hktest02 for startup. Reason=Clusterwide exception: Failed to start dependent library ''sap.com~hkjecomp'' of application ''sap.com/hktest02''. Status of dependent component: STATUS_MISSING. Hint: Is the component deployed correctly on the engine? at com.sap.engine.services.webdynpro.WebDynproContainer.prepareStart(WebDynproContainer.java:1507) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepareCommon(StartTransaction.java:223) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.StartTransaction.prepare(StartTransaction.java:171) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:301) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesImpl(ParallelAdapter.java:342) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.runInTheSameThread(ParallelAdapter.java:126) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ParallelAdapter.makeAllPhasesAndWait(ParallelAdapter.java:245) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4741) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4646) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.startApplicationAndWait(DeployServiceImpl.java:4619) at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1163) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:330) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201) at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137) at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33) at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104) at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176) (message ID: com.sap.sdm.serverext.servertype.inqmy.extern.EngineApplOnlineDeployerImpl.performAction(DeploymentActionTypes).REMEXC)

Deployment exception : Got problems during deployment

While trying to add the Library reference, I have also tried with sap.com/hkjecomp.

I have asked the basis guys to find out if the JEE application is running or not, but meanwhile can someone suggest if anything else could have gone wrong.

Thanks,

HImanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check below link on how to use external library in Web Dynpro.

[http://www.sapgeek.net/2010/10/web-dynpro-java-use-external-library/|http://www.sapgeek.net/2010/10/web-dynpro-java-use-external-library/]

And you can find more information on Web Dynpro from here: http://www.sapgeek.net/sap-tutorial/web-dynpro-java-tutorial/

Regards,

Andy

Edited by: Andy Zhao on Aug 6, 2011 1:47 PM

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you deployed the jee dc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes John,

I have deployed the J2EE DC.

Could there be something wrong with the technical name of the JEE DC?

Regards,

Himanshu

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe the reference name is wrong,

can you go to the visual administrator to check the name, which is under the node library?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Used a diiferent approach.

Created Assembly and Compilation dependencies (Design and Runtime) in my WD DC to the Ext LIb DC.

Then deployed the WD DC.

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi  jun

thanks for your reply.

Regards

antony.A