Sustainability Discussions
Contribute to SAP sustainability discussions. Share ideas, collaborate on solutions, and join a community driving positive change towards a sustainable future.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applicability of SuPM on data authoring, storage and report creation scenar

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a customer requirement coming up where the customer ( a coglomerate with 10 subsidiary companies ) does not want to have an SAP EHS solution but need a data / KPI report collation and reporting application. Their sustainability metrics from individual companies will be maintained in individual systems or excel sheets. The solution they want is to have a workflow for collating individual reports and then summing it up for sustainability metrics / KPIs across the organisation

Wanted to explore the applicability of SuPm for the same. I have some questions / clarifications for the same

a) Can SuPM effectively leverage data load of individual company's reports from excel sheets or portal applications

b) Before uploading the same inputs can I generate a workflow of approval

c) Can SuPM work without SAP EHS

d) IF some data need to be leveraged out of SAP ERP and SAP BW are there standard extractors for same

e) How many prebuilt multiproviders are available for Sustainability metrics/ KPIs in SuPM

Please give info on any or all of these either directly or pointing to the right documentation

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls find my views on your SuPM questions:

a) Can SuPM effectively leverage data load of individual company's reports from excel sheets or portal applications

--> Yes. SuPM has a Transactional Template (in CSV format) and you have to manually convert your reports into the standard template form in order to upload them.

b) Before uploading the same inputs can I generate a workflow of approval

--> No. Standard SuPM solution has Approval process only in the Manual collection process (through Web surveys). No Approval process for Automated collection or Excel upload.

c) Can SuPM work without SAP EHS

--> Yes. SuPM is on BI platform and it has a feature of extracting the data from SAP EHS. However, SuPM can be used as a Standalone solution.

d) IF some data need to be leveraged out of SAP ERP and SAP BW are there standard extractors for same

--> Yes. SuPM comes with Automated Script Manaagement concept, wherein it can extract the data from SAP ECC and SAP BW through SAP and BW Queries

e) How many prebuilt multiproviders are available for Sustainability metrics/ KPIs in SuPM

--> The standard implementation of SuPM comes with one Multiprovider and 2 Info cubes (One for Actual Data and One for Planning data)

On the Reporting aspect, SuPM can give Aggregated reports, consolidating all the data from multiple organizations.

You can also have Dashboards and Scorecards for performance Monitoring.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Raghunandan GV