Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Residual Clearing for Customer in F-32

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

We have two instances, one with New GL and the other one on Classical Gl, but ECC 6.0

I am facing issue in residual clearing for Customer Open Items. I have a customer open item - Invoice of 1000 and Payment Recipet of 200. I am clearing 200 against the invoice of 1000 and creating a residual item of 800, which will reflects as open item of 800 after posting clearing through F-32. My Issue is with the way the Accounting entry of clearing document are created.

New GL System, the Accounting Entry is reflected as:

Customer A/c Dr 800

Customer A/c Dr 200

To Customer A/c 1000

In this the line items of 200 and 1000 reflect as cleared items in FBL5N and 800 item appears as open item in FBL5N

Classical GL System, the Accounting Entry is reflected as:

Customer A/c Dr 800

To Customer A/c 800

The Line Item of 800 Cr appears as Cleared Item in FBL5N and 800 Dr Item appears as open item in FBL5N.

Why is the Clearing Document created in different ways in the two system? Do we have any configuration, which decides the nature of how the Accounting Entry for Clearing Document is created in case of Residual Clearing in F-32?

Regards

Sanil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenu,

If there are huge line items, you can try to create and save a variant wherein, the posting keys pertaining to clearing (17, 27) and residual (04, etc) can be excluded by maintaining them in the exclude single values option available when selected the filter option. This variant would then display only the actual entries (as sum of clearing and residual line items would be zero).

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In OBXH, wherein the posting keys are assigned to the residual clearing transactions for customers and vendors respectively.

Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a same problem. Its because when i will see customer ledger, it creates unnecessary problem due to huge number of line items.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you see the net effect of the entry will be same in both Cl;assical and New GL.

Thanks and Regards

Binoj M D

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree that the net effect is the same in both the cases. But that is not my issue. My Issue is the way the Accounting Entry is reflected differently. How and where this set up is done is my issue

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Rule for clearing customers in F-32 are directed from what you set in FBKP.....Clearing procedures and also OBA3 . Please check out what have configured there.

Regards

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

In the Clearing Procedure in FBKP, the Posting Key and Document Type are assigned. Also, in OBA3, tolerance setting for clearing are determined. My issue is on how the Accounting Entry for Residual Item is created for system on new GL. I have checked the configuration suggested but they do not help on the way how the accounting entry is created for Clearing Document.

Regards

Sanil

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanil:

Sorry for overlooking question... Please check out the OSS Note 950773 - NewGL: Clearing lines with activated document breakdown. I hope it answers your question.

Regards

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

The note explains the general ledger view which I agree. But than as per the same note, in the entry view, only two line items should be generated, not three, since it fetched data from BSEG.

Regards

Sanil