cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data load issue for 0CO_OM_WBS_1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a weekend data load with the ds 0CO_OM_WBS_1. Previously it is taking 6 to 7 hrs to extract 6500000 records, for the same records now it is taking around 20 hrs which is not acceptable.

We did not changed any other data load time? What might be the issue. What do i need to ammend to bring back the data load time to 6 or 7 hrs.

Please help me to solve this

Thanks,

Harish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all for your responces

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check following points

1. There are sufficient background processes are available.

2. No back up or any other process running - Check with basis

3. can you split the load and make 2-3 parallel loads?Check this possibility as well

4. Run the job in background only

5. Check if there is memory allocation issues with basis. Ask them to monitor the load when it is running.

Thanks and regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

We are also using this DS 0CO_OM_WBS_1 and having lots of performance issues. I had experienced this problem in my work and was resolved by BASIS so please double check it with them. It can be lack of Back ground processes.

BTW I have question regarding this DS, we are doing full load every night and it extracts 15.5 millions records and takes 7-8 hours to finish. I was wondering is it good to restrict the data by putting some filter and also run this load weekly as you are doing in your company. Please advise me some thing.

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

You can setup some filters to make the runtime less.? and can run on daily basis.. Even we are also planning to keep this on daily basis, once this performance issue is done.

BTW, could you pleaseelobarate , what you BASIS team done to improve the performance, Do you have any idea? . Could you please let me know.. its very useful for us..

Thanks

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

They increase no. of backgorund and dialog processes. I am not sure how they did it. Also double check with your DBA people as has your system got enough resources.

Regards

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sunny,

You said this is taking 7 to 8 hrs to extract 15.5 million records, Is it before doing correction activity from BASIS or after doing it?

Thanks,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Harish,

It was before their correction and its still the same. Do you any way we can get filtered data with this fiscal year in the existing infopack which is running in chain everyday and the save the old data till last year in the cube so that it should be available for reporting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiran,

Thanks for the check list.. I will chk them and update the same here.

Sunny,

you can filter based on 0FISCPER, 0PROJECT, 0VTYPE ( actually our filter conditions based on these) .

Before proceeding further, chk with functional consultant once.

Thanks

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

1592471 - BW-BCT: Performance COSP/COSS extractors

1312060 - BW-BCT-CO-OM: COSP/COSS Extractor performance

522986 - CO extractors: Packages are too large

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes ask basis people to give you the details of backup job running on that particular table or you can cross check with R/3 team also .

and ask basis team is that back up taking more time nowdays compare to earlier days.

I think this might be the only reason for delay in data load.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have verified the job in source system for the above info package...

here is the job log

21.08.2011 12:24:10 tRFC: Start = 21.08.2011 12:09:03, End = 21.08.2011 12:09:40

21.08.2011 12:40:47 Call up of customer enhancement BW_BTE_CALL_BW204010_E (BTE) with 75.216 records

for each 75k records.. its taking this kind of delay around 15 min to 30 min ..

Can some one suggest me how to resolve this and how to improve performance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in source system job might be each data package contain large record also check with basis is any backup running at same time that might causing delay.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally it happen when extraction job in source system run for long time .

Please check in source system the extraction job and compare it with early days extraction job time .

If earlier extraction job time is less then what is it now ,then surely some backup is initiated by other team which is also holding the table from which its extract data.

so better analyse the extraction job timming for past 2 weeks and check the timming of any backup is running at the same time in source system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have verified in the source system, Previously it took less time. this week it took long time. and how to check wether some backups ran in the system related those particular table..

Should i take help of Basis.