Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting development package to other systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a development package that I need to import/copy into another system landscape. I used STMS to import the transport from the original system into the new one, and they are in the new system now. I need to make some adjustments to the objects under the package in the new system, however when I save the changes, it only allows local change requests, whereas I need a transportable workbench request.

So bascially what do I need to do to to be able to change the package (and objects under it) as if it was in the original development system?

Thanks,

William

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if i tried hard i´m not sure if i could follow you the whole way. Still i got the feeling that your problem may be related to the original system attribute of your objects.

does the modification assitant come up when you try to change something?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I have a development in one system landscape that I need to copy to another system landscape. I did this by importing the development (i.e.the package and all objects under it) via STMS into the second system.

Now when I try changing the development in the second landscape, it will only save to a local change request, and not a transportable one.

Rgds,

William

0 Kudos

ah well all the information was there in your first post as well, i just couldnt think of the problem, but i sense i got it now.

When you transported your development class, it got imported with a transport layer which actually doesnt exist in your other system landscape, so either this field got nulled out or the information it is useless.

Try setting a correct transport layer for your development class and i suspect things to run fine again.

0 Kudos

Why don't you do the modifications in the original landscape and transport them again? That is what it should be done.

What you are trying to do is modify and object whose original system is another, that's why you are asked to use a Local change request.

0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Because the changes are specific to the second system.

Rgds,

William

0 Kudos

Hi

Before changing an object of your package you need to update its transport layer by SE80, here it's defined the route for the transport.

I can supponse your package has still the old layer and it probably points to a queue of the original landscape, now this queue doesn't exit in the new landscape:

that can explain why an object is a placed in a local queue.

Max

Edited by: max bianchi on Aug 9, 2011 11:17 AM

0 Kudos

This behaviour is triggered by transport layer setting in the package details. Please read the detailed F1 help for this field and speak to your system administrator. He should know which transport layer to use for transportable objects in the second landscape.

Also check the SCN forums Netweaver Administrator and Software Logistics.

Thomas

P.S. I'll leave this posted although I was being too slow, obviously

Edited by: Thomas Zloch on Aug 9, 2011 11:17 AM