Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude few positions access in HR PD profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have a strange requirement

1. Position D shoud be assigned PD profiles which should give access to entire positions in a org unit, but few cheif positions should not viewed.

D is under unit B, B is under unit A

I want to create a pd profile on unit A to an employee who occupied position D to give access entire ORG A access but not few positions.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would try using exclusion option in structural profile assignments. I am not sure in which version the exclusion was added. Our current version is 470 and exclusion tick isn't available there but in our upgrade development (ECC6) I can see exclusion in OOSB and PO13 - infotype 1017. So if you are on 470 or older then this is not going to help you.

You would need to assign two structural profiles to the position/user where first one gives access to everything and second one will return the positions which should not be allowed. The second profile should be assigned as excluded.

I don't have good ECC6 system to do a test but I think it should be possible even to assign profile ALL to a user and the second profile (which returns the restricted positions) with exclusion and result is that user can access all other positions but not the ones returned by the second profile.

Hope this made any sense..

Cheers, s

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would try using exclusion option in structural profile assignments. I am not sure in which version the exclusion was added. Our current version is 470 and exclusion tick isn't available there but in our upgrade development (ECC6) I can see exclusion in OOSB and PO13 - infotype 1017. So if you are on 470 or older then this is not going to help you.

You would need to assign two structural profiles to the position/user where first one gives access to everything and second one will return the positions which should not be allowed. The second profile should be assigned as excluded.

I don't have good ECC6 system to do a test but I think it should be possible even to assign profile ALL to a user and the second profile (which returns the restricted positions) with exclusion and result is that user can access all other positions but not the ones returned by the second profile.

Hope this made any sense..

Cheers, s