Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass upload of commodity code VEU4

former_member227232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While doing Mass uploading of commodity codes using VEU4 for Non European Clountry, for the Additional Info field NIHON , system by default generates =2 but our requirement it has to have a default value=0 which is to be used for both Import and Export.

How to make the field NIHON value=0?

Is it in the Text file or somewhere in the config?

Regards,

Vengat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see consulting OSS note

Note 1034696 - Procedure for importing new commodity codes

and

Note 716183 - Upload commodity code/import code: NIHON indicator incorrect

former_member227232
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks Very much, it helped.

Actual my requirement is to load the Commodity codes with the Field NIHON = 0 so that the commodity can be used for both Import and Export.

If I upload the text file in VIU4, by default system takes to NIHON = 1,

If I upload the text file in VEU4, by default system takes to NIHON = 2.

As mentioned in the OSS 1034696

If you confirm the dialog box with 'Yes', the system checks whether the 'Additional information' indicator of the old entry and the new entry are set differently. If this is the case, the system sets the 'Additional information' field to value 0 (Receipt / Import and Dispatch / Export).

Hence I have to execute the file in VIU4 or VEU4 for the first time to mass load of the commodity code ( by default it takes 1 or 2)

So to change the value from 1 or 2 to 0, need to execute the same file second time with YES in the dialog Box for the same data.

Note sure why SAP is so rigid here in this field NIHON as the same can be one of the Selection field.

Regards,

Vengat

Edited by: Vengata Raghavan on Aug 12, 2011 4:54 PM

Edited by: Vengata Raghavan on Aug 12, 2011 4:55 PM

Answers (0)