cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to learn SAP Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to understand basic principles of SAP Java, to check how it is working, primarily J2EE components like JMS, WS, EJB, Persistence... As I'm ABAP and PI consultant, I see this as my next step, sure I'm not aiming to be experienced Java developer beacuse this would require much more time than I have now.

So far I read "Foundations of Java for ABAP Programmers" but I think that this is just a begining. I want to learn more stuff about SAP J2EE and J2SE is for me, let say, clear.

Also I start reading "Java Programming With The Sap Web Application Server" as my next book about SAP Java, but it is not quite that I don't like this book, it is somehow not interested for me.

So I would like to hear your suggestions what is the best way or the best approach to learn SAP Java. I see this as future help for one ABAP and PI consultant. Also I've done some Mapping developments for PI (SAX and DOM parser), so really think for me to know Java better it will be "bigger plus" for me.

kr

mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will suggest you SAP Elearning section on SDN about Java Development.

Below is the link....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/java-elearning?dprpp=all

It contains lot of practical examples which will keep you interested as well..

But you wil lhave to be very selective there on whaich topic you wish to kick start.........

For example there is one called :

Java for ABAP Programmers

ABAP Objects for Java Developers

SAP Java World for ABAP Programmers

Java Mapping in Exchange Infrastructure

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw this kind of tutorials, even tried few, but what I dislike is that there is no systematic approach...so if you have some better idea....thx in advance

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

"SAP Java" does not exist. The SAP NetWeaver Java is based on plain Java EE 5 with EJB 3.0, JPA 1.0...

So get a good one week course in Java EE, ask any Java developers (probably not from SAP) for refererences in your environment. This course may be held using JBoss et al, but it will be systematic in contrast to anything you found on SAP pages.

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

hm....interesting advise

anyway thx

kr

mario