5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2011 8:12 PM by survandnya t RSS

Implementing KANBAN-WM

Felipe dos Santos Tavares
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Gurus,

we are implementing KANBAN with WM for VERP materials in the pharmacology factory. We actived the replenishment strategy 0006 (for WM) and created a supply area, but SAP didn´t let us use the PK01 to create a new control cycle. System obligated us to inform the storing position for that material/plant/supply area.

Nevertheless, we also could´n use the PLK1 because in that transaction we could´n find where fulfill the replenishment strategy. Our solution was to create a new storage location (without WM) and then create all the KANBAN data for this new stor. loc. and then we trigger the NT/OT for the stor. loc. with WM.

My questions are:

1. There any other way to active Event-driven KANBAN-WM using the storage location with WM?

2. What is this storing position field in the PK01 and how can I fill it correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Felipe Tavares

• Re: Implementing KANBAN-WM
    survandnya t

Dear Felipe,

Answers to your question:

.1. There any other way to active Event-driven KANBAN-WM using the storage location with WM?

-

> It is easily possible to have a event driven KANBAN u2013WM using the storage location with WM.

The perquisites are

1.     Storage location should be WM managed.

2.     Define the supply are u2013 transaction PK05- new entries-enter plant-supply area( enter as per your business requirement)-storage location- responsible to MRP controller u2013 automatic unloading point / unloading point.- Maintained the address for supply area.

3.     Define the strategy in a given path as per your business requirement u2013 you have to choose proper movement type.

4.     SPRO-production-KANBAN-Replenishment strategy-define in-house production strategy.

5.     SPRO-production-KANBAN-Replenishment strategy-define external procurement strategy.

6.     SPRO-production-KANBAN-Replenishment strategy-define stock transfer strategy.

7.     PK01-create control cycle u2013use the production supply area/plant/storage location/ assign any one of the above strategy as per your requirement.

2. What is this storing position field in the PK01 and how can I fill it correctly?

-

> Storage position field is area where you are going to issue a material u2013 like in automobile industry u2013 engine assembly area/ chassis assembly/ door assembly etc.

Hope it will help to configure KANBAN process, if you have any further doubts pl write back , we are having KANBAN process for internal WH movements.

Thanks

Om

Hi Ompra,

thanks for your answer.

this storage location is in WM? Where do I define it? because when I try to create a supply area for WM it always ask me to fill this field but any entry is accept.

Thanks again,

Felipe Tavares

survandnya t

HI Felipe,

I am not getting what exactly you want to ask, while creating supply area following things need to enter.

1 . plant

2.supply area u2013 enter whatever u want

3.storage location : source

4.responsible ( MRP controller)

While creating control cycle : PK01

1.     material

2.     plant

3.     supply area ( which is defined in a earlier step)

4.     IN STOCK TRANSFER Tab- stock transfer details ( spro-production-replenishment strategy)

5.     Storage loc u2013 destination ( should be different then the source)

Material should be extended to both storage loc.

Pl let me know if required any further info.

Thanx

Om

Hi Ompra,

PK01, I insert Material, Plant and SUpply Area.

Then it brings another fields. Right below Supply Area, it brings the field STORING POSITION. There´s no match code, and all the data I input there it shows an error message asking for this Storing Position. It´s a mandatory field and I don´t know what should I put in it.

Regards,

Felipe

Actions