Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Changes to UPPER CASE automatically inside the LOOP AT METHOD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some problems with my Dialog Screen Table Control. I created a table which display the fields retrieved from a custom table. This Table Control always converts the text field Characters into UPPERCASE when passed to some of the methods that I called. But inside each method, there are no such UPPERCASE translation. And I checked the database field of the table, it actually can accept lower-case characters. What should be the solution to retain the correct CASE of the value in the screen?

Thanks and Regards!

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Probably it depens on you have created your table control

Max

0 Kudos

What do you mean? Is there an option to say that the field format wll never change?

Edit: okay got it! Screen Field also has a Lower/Higher Case checbox to be considered.

Edited by: Cecilio Cruz II on Aug 15, 2011 11:43 AM

0 Kudos

Yes

There's a checkbox in Attribute Dictionary of the field in the screen painter

Max

0 Kudos

You may also check if there's any conversion routine associated to your data element's domain, sometimes it happens.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this..

TRANSLATE (string) TO LOWER CASE.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered earlier: By Screen painter checkbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answered earlier: By Screen painter checkbox

0 Kudos

Hi Cecilio Cruz.,

Make A Domain With Lower Text Option And Assign To The Field. Tick Upper/Lower Case Option In Table Control Dictionary Attribute For That Field. This Will Solve Your Problem