I need guidance please?
Requirement: Add a new field to source and SAP BW for reporting purposes.
I need to add a debtors field from source table VBPA to an exisitng generic datasource in a source. The exisitng database view has several join conditions to different tables.
What are the step-by-step procedure to get a field added to this database view, using join conditions?
Thanks in advance
You can follow the below given procedure,
1) First Check in which table you are going to add the new field.
2) Once you modify the field in the table, you might not need to change the join condition as your table will be already in the existing join condition.
3) On the fields tab, click on the button "Table Fields" and select the required field from table.
4) Now the field will be available in your Data source.
5) Check your data source extraction in RSA3.
6) Replicate your data source in BW.
7) After that you can use this field further in BW.
Thanks for the feedback. I have 2 different versions now and I am a bit confused. Please allow me to ask a quastion again?
In the source in the database view = ZBWCRESP, the tables listed in the "Table/Join Conditions" tab are:
In the 'Join Conditions' part, the following displays:
VBAK MANDT = VEDA MANDT
VBAK VBELN = VEDA VBELN
VBAK MANDT = VBFA MANDT
VBAK VBELN = VBFA VBELN
VBAK MANDT = VBPA MANDT
VBAK VBELN = VBPA VBELN
KNA1 MANDT = VBPA MANDT
KNA1 KUNNR = VBPA KUNNR
If I click on the table "VBPA" and that takes me to it's fields where I can see the required field as "KUNNR".
In the 'selective conditions' tab I get:
VBFA VBTYP_N EQ 'G'
VBFA POSNN EQ '000000'
VBPA PARVW EQ 'ZR'
For the new requirement, I must read table VABK, field VBTYP to get = "G" (Contracts only) and then als select only a certain function = "RG".
How do Incorporate this into the current joins?
Thanks in advance
In RSA6 you will find your data souce select that data source then click on enhane strucutre you can append your field to that extract structure then write the the code in CMOd based on you logic then replicate the your data souce R/3 to BI.
Hope it's helps you.
Thanks and Regards,
I understood that you want to extract the data for both the partner type ZR and RG.
As mentioned you are already have some selections in the view.
VBFA VBTYP_N EQ 'G' AND
VBFA POSNN EQ '000000' AND
VBPA PARVW EQ 'ZR' OR
VBPA PARVW EQ 'RG'
Please add the last condition in your selection.