Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with modelling master data.

former_member199653
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

I need help with modelling a master data and here is the requirement/scenario.

1. I have an InfoObject which stores my Customer master data. This master data contains information like name, address, email, etc u2013 the typical Customer information you will need.

2. I also have another InfoObject which stores my Sales Representative master data. This on the other hand stores information like employee ID, branch, location, manager, etc u2013 the typical Sales Representative of a company that help brings in the sales.

3. Here is where the problem starts. There is another master data call Profile. A Profile is basically an indication as to what the Customer is. E.g. If the customer for this case is 7-11 the Profile is u201CConvenient Storeu201D or Hard Rock Café is u201CPubu201D etc.

There challenge here is to put all three information together so that it will be useable in the report. A reporting scenario would be, u201Cshow me all the Convenient Store for a particular Customer for this Sale Representative in this locationu201D

Can someone please guide me the best way to get this done as I am at wits end.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think problem is in point 2 as I can not see any link between sales rep and customer which needs to be there. If this can not be established then you can not have single line in report or it can not be done rather. You need to establish link between customer and sales Rep. May be Customer may have sales rep as its attribute?If yes you can link all of them as a attribute or do look up get everything in one master data and can have report on one object only say customer or you can have option like Multiprovider/Infoset and create report on top of them.

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looking at your current design,

A Profile is basically an indication as to what the Customer is. E.g. If the customer for this case is 7-11 the Profile is u201CConvenient Storeu201D

It seems like there is already relationship between profile and customer, I guess you have customer as navigation attribute of Profile. Now the problem is how you can link sales representative with particular profile.

If you can add sales representative as attribute of profile then you can directly create your reports based on Profile Infoobject as customer ans sales representative are already attribute of it, you can use the other navigation attributes also.

Concentrate on linking the sales representative with profile, that will solve your problem.

Regards,

Durgesh.

former_member199691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can add profile as an attribute to the Customer Master Data. What is the relationship between Customer and Sales Rep master data. There should be some link to relate these two master data.

I will suggest to use an infoset for this kind of reporting as using mutliprovider, it might be difficul to bring all the columns from different master data objects into one single row in reporting.

If you think that you will not get the performance you want because of the infoset, you can create a view on different master data tables > create a data source > load it to a DSO or infocube for reporting purpose.

This way you can achieve reporting performance.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried creating a Multiprovider on top of those three infoobjects. Hope it helps

Thankyou

Swetha.