Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO ITEM CATEGORY AVAILABLE (T184

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i try to create the sales order with , getting the error " NO ITEM CATEGORY AVAILABLE" .

steps i did:

1) Created new item category group in ( SAP Customizing Implementation Guide | Sales and Distribution | Sales |

Sales Documents | Sales Document Item | Define Item Category Groups) , Item category group as --> YYYY

2) create the New Material record in MM01 ( Material -- XXXX)

3) Mapped the New material XXXX in to item category(YYYY) in MM01

4) Assing the Item category in (VOV4) with sales type ZOOR ( replica of OR).

. Sales document type (ZOOR) +item category group (YYYY) usage (Blank) higher level item category (BLANK)= default item category (TAN).

did i miss any step.

i searched in this Forum but i could not able to resolve this. please share the link if this already addressed.

thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor

Another question would be why are you creating your own item category group? Can you not use the item category gr. provided by the system for Standard HAWA material type?

The more you "create", the more maintenance you shall have to do, the more chances of error there shall be!

Item category gr. is to group similar material together, is there a purpose of YYYY? or is this just for practice, then it is Ok...to explore and configure the system for self

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, For exploring i made the test. but not sure why this issue occur. but as we said i used the HAWA i tried the issue resolved. but now i am facing new issue

"transaction tan is not defined sap"

please advise.

thanks

Bala

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please explain exactly what you are doing, when you get -

"transaction tan is not defined sap"

In VA01, item level, field "item category", press F4, what are the item category possible?

If this is for training / exploration purposes, then just create a new material with FERT and then go ahead with making sales order etc. You are focusing too much on this part, that - in my opinion - you have already learnt and solved!

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 20, 2011 11:01 PM

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in VA01 , after enter the Item code when i press Enter . i am getting the error message.

Error:

Messgae no :V1347

Diagnosis:

This Combination of item category TAN and MRP type for the Material is not allowed.

please advise on the error>

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

pls define a schedule line category for the combination of item category and mrp type from mat master.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check if you have put item cat. gr. YYYY in MM02, Tab Sales: sales org 2, field "Item category gr".

Rest looks ok, then test again

-

The issue is for your sales document type, there is NO item category configured.

In VA01, for your sales doc type, in field "Item category" press F4, are there any options? If NO, then the configuration in VOV4 is not correct & the other supporting configurations may not be correct too. Check all.

Then go back to VA01, and in field "item category" press F4, when you see the possibilities of item category, you have done correct configuration.

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 20, 2011 4:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you doing seems right..just to confirm what is the material type you're using?

Regards,

RS.

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using the Material Type "HAWA" and also i mapped the Item category as "YYYY" .

Not sure where i made mistake. please advise.

thanks Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if any Cust Master Info Record is maintained and any usage maintained in VD51 ?

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried with the suggestion But unfortunately it is not working. is it anything need to do with sales document type? VOV8?

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you post the exact error message? also, click on the message and you'l get detailed message..paste that as well.

Regards,

RS.

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please find the error.

NO ITEM CATEGORY AVAILABLE (TABLE T184 ZOOR VCIT)

Message no. V1320

Diagnosis

No item category Could be determined for the combination ZOOR VCIT.

SYSTEM Response

The System Doesnot allow further processing of this item.

Procedure

check the entried in the table T184 by means of which item category determination is controlled. If you donot have the authorization to do this yourself. contact your administrator.

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is VCIT your Item Cat Group?

Pls try the following, maintain item cat determination for ZOORVCITCHSP{ item usage} = TAN.

Edited by: Rags on Aug 20, 2011 3:26 PM

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

No VCIT is not my Group which i defined. even i created the combination in VOV4.

still facing the issue . Not sure..where it goes wrong?

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

System is expecting item category grp VCIT..it means that you need to assign your defined Item category group to the material in material master sales org 2 view.