cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports - Report blank in viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a .Net web page that displays a crystal report. I am using VS2010 Pro, and was using CR free version for VS. Created the report, and it did display on the web page. I have since upgraded to CR2011. I opened the report in CR2011, and updated. I can run my web page from VS debugger, and the report displays. But when I move the report to production, and run the web page on production, the report does not display in the CR Viewer. Although I can export the report, and all data is there. So it appears there is some issue with the viewer, maybe becuase I changed the report via CR now, rather than VS? Please help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, we too having the same issue here! it seem to be only happen in .NET 2010 version and after deployed to the web server. If we switch back to CR2008 everything back to normal again.

We also discovered that if you drill down from the blank report and turn back to the "Main Report" again, you will notice that the "invisibled report" will now visible again.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm on training until next week, so I spend little time on these forum, or testing any issues at all. This leaves us with a few options:

1) Create a phone case [here|http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/en_US/pd/productID.98078100?resid=S6I@hgoHAkEAAGsiyVkAAAAR&rests=1282226845369]. You'll get prompt attention to the issue and if it is a bug, your case will be refunded.

2) Wait, see if anyone else with time can test this for you (or knows of the issue)

3) Wait until next week and I'll see if I can get some time to test this.

Please see the blog [What are these 'support' forums good for anyhow?|/people/ludek.uher/blog/2011/04/07/what-are-these-support-forums-good-for-anyhow] for more details re. testing, phone cases, etc.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I seem to have the same problem. I am currently using Visual Studio 2010 with CR XI R2 and everything runs fine. I tried upgrading to CR 2011/ CR4VS2010 over the past few days and about 90% of my reports were working but there were about 10% that came up as 'blank' reports. When I say blank, the toolbars all show up and there are the right number of pages, but they are all blank, when you run your mouse over the report the drill down links are still valid (and when you click on a drill down it actually shows up properly). When I export the report to pdf it comes out fine and if I refresh the page is comes up fine. This issue also only seems to appear on IE9 for me, and I noticed that browser isn't supported.

I noticed that the same issue seems to have come up here: [http://forums.asp.net/t/1673216.aspx/1/10?ReCrystalReportnotshowinginCrystalReportsViewer |http://forums.asp.net/t/1673216.aspx/1/10?ReCrystalReportnotshowinginCrystalReportsViewer ] and if it helps I am using Windows 7 64bit,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ryanintouch

Three questions;

1) Can you please try this with a saved data report?

2) If you get the same issue, would you be able to share the report with me? (I'd contact you over email.)

3) Do you have any idea what may be the difference between the reports that work and those that do not?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I had to roll back my development machine to CR XI R2 for the time being, I will setup another laptop and create a test app to see if I can replicate the issue and test the points in your post.

Thanks for your help.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been speaking with Crystal Support. They have informed me that CR2011 does not have an SDK yet, so reports saved from CR2011 cannot be displayed from a web form. Their answer is to open the report created in CR2011, into VS and save from there, and that this will then run. This does work on some machines, but not mine. For my website, from my laptop, any reports created and saved soley in VS, run and display correctly. But any reports that I modified in CR2011, then opened in VS and saved (like CR support said to do), do not display correctly from the web forms. They display blank, but can be exported correctly.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm - that does not sound right. As I mentioned in my previous post. I'd love to have a look at these reports - if you can repro the issue with a saved data report. I'd also be interested to know the incident number assigned to your phone case.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

The incident # is 3638240. I can send you the report. How should I go about this? Support thinks the reports are not displaying on my laptop due to IE9. Do you know of an issue with IE9, and CR?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, the issue with IE 9 is that it is not in the [Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 Supported Platforms|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e06b8953-a62b-2d10-38b9-ca71f747e2b1?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] documentation. Thus, if this issue is limited to IE 9, then I believe that at this point we do not need to share the report. If you can reproduce the issue with a supported browser, we can look at that.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I understand the position you are in but if you look through the supported browsers, there is not ONE browser that is up to date.

Safari is listed as 3.1 yet it is currently at 5.0.5, Firefox is listed at 3.6 yet it is currently at 6.0.1. I know that document was released in January of this year but surely you have to be a bit more flexible, to use your products I have to find customers that haven't updated their browsers in over 2 years. I have also duplicated this rendering issue in the current Firefox and IE 9 when in IE 8 Compatability mode (Chrome and Safari work).

Thanks for your support.

Ryan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Ryan. We had to find a PC that had not been upgraded to IE9, and the reports do display correctly there. But most have all upgraded to IE9. So along with not being able to use the CR2011 that I purchased for $495 to create reports to display on our website, due to the SDK not being created yet, the reports also don't display on IE9. I see these as two very large bugs. When will both of these be rectified? Where do I request these fixes? I also paid $195 for the single support ticket to get these issues working, which are now both bugs. Is there a way to get a refund on the support ticket?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re. refund. Refunds are only available if there is indeed a bug. The supported browsers are clearly stated in the documentation. Non support of a particular browser would probably not be considered a bug... But you will have to contact the support engineer that you were working with and see if you can convince him to agree with the refund.

Re. support of browsers. I'll ping Program Managers and see what time lines they have on this.

Re. no SDK for CR 2011 created yet. There never will be. CRVS2010 is the SDK for CR 2011.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek, I look forward to seeing if any browser support will be added.

Can you tell me (I can't seem to find it) if there is any word on the next Crystal Reports release that will have an SDK for .net?

Ryan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Next CR to have a .NET SDK... Not a clue. I don't even know if there will be one for what ever the next version of .NET will be called. There will be a BOE SDK for .NET released sometime this year, but that will still be version 13 and essentially it will be just an "add-on" for BOE developers. No impact to CR developers.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Any update on if any current browsers will be supported for any product with a .net sdk?

Thanks

Ryan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All I get from Program Management; "this is under consideration for the future"

Sorry. Frustrating I know...

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My initial feeling on this is that the CR 2011 \ CRVS2010 is a red herring...

Use the search box in the top righ of this web page. Enter "blank crystal net" (without the quotes). You will get a number of KBs that you should consult.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the [SAP Idea Place|https://ideas.sap.com/community/products_and_solutions/crystalreports]

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe the typcial issues are the reason here. When I put the report version saved from CRVS onto the website, the report runs and displays correctly from the website. When I put the report version (same report, same name, same directory) saved from CR 2011 onto the website, the report displays as blank in the viewer. Seems to be something with CR 2011, but I do not know what. Also, the same report run from the website in the dev environment gives a 'Load report failed' error. I have researched the typical reasons for this, and doesn't seem like any of these are the issue either, as the same report (name, directory, etc) saved from CRVS works. I can't seem to find any help specific to CR 2011. Thanks for any help with this!