cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Root Directory/Not able to start EHPI from upgrade directory n preprocessng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am working on the upgrade from ECC6.0 to ECC6.0 with EHP5 and it went fine so far, I had a network problem in the landscape and that caused all the connections are dropped for a moment(Unexpectedly). Hence my SL controller also got stopped, but my EHPI installer template was running for 5 minutes and said the message as SL controller was down. After that I have logged in to my session and tried to initiate SL controller from the upgrade directory it shows me an error message as

Error : Root Directory /sapdb/dbbackup/Savedata/EHPI/STARTUP exceeds allowed length of 25 characters, please use another one.

If I am correct, how could i start upgrade from another directory now.. I am not sure what could I do at this stage, because I am running in the middle of upgrade --> Preprocessing stage after completion of SPAU/SPDD activities even.

Not able to find any relevant SAP notes for the same.

Your suggestions will be very helpful for me to proceed further.

Environment : SAP ECC6.0 unicode / Maxdb7.6 / Red Hat Linux 5.0

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I have tried to initiate the upgrade again from the upgrade directory - Hence it throw ed an error. For the safety measure, I took the backup of current directory and started the upgrade again from where I have initiated at first time (Symbolic links created earlier)

Now things are working fine and its resumed where it stopped.

Regards

Vijay