Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Running Slowly

VamcParimisetti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am facing a problem while running crystal reports in SAP B1 8.8.

When i run any crystal report within SAP it is taking so much time to display the output (say nearly a Minute). But if a run the PLD means then i am getting the output with in seconds.So if any of u guys faced this probelm means pl tell me any solution ???

Regards,

P.V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jbrotto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I managed to get B1 8.81 on windows home server running on an atom processor and I have the same issue. Crystal reports is way more demanding graphically and memory on a PC. Suggest a minimum P4 with 1g of ram on XP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal Report need much more resources to run. If your hardware has limited resource, it is natural you got such slow process. PLD need much less resource.

Thanks,

Gordon

VamcParimisetti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm..thanks guys for Ur suggestions..

There are many reports developed for one of my client for their day to day transactions and if i run a report means its a bit faster than any of the report layouts which has been designed in Crystal(A/P,A/R Invoice,Incoming/Outgoing Payment).

Just let me know what are the minimum resources that will make the crystal reports to run faster.

Regards,

P.V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no fixed minimum resources requirement. The more, the better. You can do test and see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi

The slowness of your report might be because when you design the report and if you tried to print it then the path of your local printer will get saved within your report file. When you add this report to a distant database and try to load the report , the report will try to find this local printer path saved in it. This I think makes the report to load very slowly.

So what You should do is that while designing your report you got to your page setup and check the "No Printer" option on the top.

Vivek

Edited by: viveksr on Sep 2, 2011 7:08 AM

VamcParimisetti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,vivek,Broto,

Thanks guys for the suggestions and will work it..

Regards,

P.V

jeff_putnam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you, Vivek!  That was exactly the problem.  We changed file servers but all my crystal reports had the old path stored in them so it was taking 30-60 seconds to timeout after failing to find the old printer.  When a report is used as a layout in SAP you don't see the "Invalid printer." message so you don't know why it's taking so long.  Now I just have to set "No printer" on about 100 reports.